Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday (Read 41 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Wake up, you slackers, the day is half gone. 

It took enormous amounts of willpower, but I did not run today in the hope that my knee will hate me less on race day.  Instead I made sure I know how to get to the start since I’m staying somewhere different from where I have in the past.

And I hear there’s a bouldering gym close by.  It doesn’t open until 4 PM today, so I may hunt that down later.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

Hey blue, when is that race again? Isn't in on the weekend?

Easy miles today, but snow will ruin my Threshold run for tomorrow, unless I go to the indoor track. It's something I avoid when I'm not working, usually. I have a purist thread emanating from my soul. I think I'm ready for trail running and strictly eating meat I hunt myself and fruits, veggies or crop I stole from my own hands.

bluerun

Super B****

Hey blue, when is that race again? Isn't in on the weekend?

Friday

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6.1 miles in 15mph+ winds.  It was in the low 30s, and was spitting snow and ice crystals.  I can tell I've gotten weather-soft over the winter, that shouldn't have been a cold run.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  My 4 miler race was canceled (shortened to a 5K I have no intention to race), so my coach switched some of my workouts (and added more speed, sheesh).  6 miles and weights tonight, then.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning.  A clobbering of snow is bearing down on us and is a few hours away, and it is going to dump...up to two feet.  I've already decided to close the department early today.  I am glad I did my tempo run last night instead of today, as scheduled.

2400 yard swim done before work, and a bike workout to do later.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Bugsy is competing with Dave for grumpier look after someone offers to do something for them:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Ran more than 12.something with 5 strides aand some short skips.

sdWhiskers

Bugsy is competing with Dave for grumpier look after someone offers to do something for them:

Lol.

Dave: If someone started talking to me during a race about wanting to pace me, I think I'd move as far away as possible on the course. Stranger danger and all.

I, on the other hand, have had multiple HMs where a 60-70 year old man finds me at the finish line to thank me for unwittingly being their pacer. HA! I usually run consistently, albeit slow, so I'm glad I can be a rabbit for the older folks.

sdWhiskers

Only supposed to be in the low 70s here today. And sunny like usual. You all hate me.

SRD because I have too much shit to do. And I ended up running a double yesterday: 7 mile workout in the morning then another 2 miles after work, running to little man's TBall practice.

Bugsy is competing with Dave for grumpier look after someone offers to do something for them

Hard for me to compete with the grumpiness of a cat, but I do my best.

I am pretty grumpy right now. 10 miles, that really sucked. I can't believe I have the unmitigated chutzpah to be trying to run a half marathon on Saturday. It is going to be a trainwreck.

Dave

LRB

Two of my favorite racing pics ever came from you. One was last night's classic, the other was your finish at Grand Rapids. Both are Pulitzer worthy, if there is such a thing for photos.

onemile

I am pretty grumpy right now. 10 miles, that really sucked. I can't believe I have the unmitigated chutzpah to be trying to run a half marathon on Saturday. It is going to be a trainwreck.

Has your hamstring been contributing to the suckage or is it just not feeling good in general?

Two of my favorite racing pics ever came from you. One was last night's classic, the other was your finish at Grand Rapids. Both are Pulitzer worthy, if there is such a thing for photos.

Ha. Please don't make me post that GR photo.

Dave

LRB

Ha. Please don't make me post that GR photo.

I've only seen it once actually. It was powerful. lol