Beginners and Beyond

Thursday - unseasonably seasonably (Read 35 times)

LRB

I ran 6.5

My eyes burned like there was acid in my sweat the entire time.

Whatever.

delicate flower

Good morning!  I've got meetings scheduled all day.  The question is, which ones am I am going to blow off?  Speaking of blowing off, I had a swim to do this morning and skipped it in favor of sleep, because I felt like it.  I may or may not swim after work, but I will get my run in.

<3

onemile

7 miles

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Went to bed before 9pm and with no food.  Feeling much better today.  IF I feel I have enough energy to run tonight, I'll do 4-5 miles.  We'll see.

Still have not heard from my mom since the cell towers are down and now my dad's phone has the same issue.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

7 miles

Nice set. I saw the sun briefly when I was heading in. It was pretty.

5 miles, very slow.

Dave

Cyberic

Run commute.

Runshortii

I slogged through 4. Holy crap is it hot out there, that's probably the hottest run I've done all summer.

Weather stalking for the marathon has begun, so far looking like an overnight low of 43 and high of 61.

onemile

I slogged through 4. Holy crap is it hot out there, that's probably the hottest run I've done all summer.

Weather stalking for the marathon has begun, so far looking like an overnight low of 43 and high of 61.

Tomorrow's supposed to be even warmer. Up to 90

Tomorrow's supposed to be even warmer. Up to 90

Holy crap.

Funny, it's been an unusually warm summer here, then just this week it's like a switch was flipped and it's fall. Cool and overcast/drizzly, about 50 degrees for early AM runs. Which of course is perfect.

Dave

onemile

Holy crap.

Funny, it's been an unusually warm summer here, then just this week it's like a switch was flipped and it's fall. Cool and overcast/drizzly, about 50 degrees for early AM runs. Which of course is perfect.

Yep. 85 today, 91 tomorrow and then 88 both weekend days. Can't wait for my race on Sunday!! 

Docket_Rocket

It better get cooler up there for Chicago, FFS.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Did you see this?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/marathon-cancelled-hot-weather-montreal-1.4299352

I saw that.  Better not happen there, sigh.

At least it's not a goal race, but damn.  Meanwhile, my husband would be, yay, let's go to Yolo and hang around, no biggie, lol.

We got the TM part and hubby fixed the TM, yay.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Here's something to try: run a marathon wearing a suit. Guinness has a world record for it!

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/three-piece-suit-marathon-record?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=atlas-page

Dave