Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Mondailies ... when life hands you lemons .... (Read 12 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It's always fun to hide easter eggs in here. And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

It's Lemon Juice Day!!  So squeeze out your lemons and add some water and sugar and ice, and have some lemonade!!  Though actually the last time I did this, I used lime juice and made limeade.  Then DH added maraschino cherries and juice to make cherry limeade.  Which has nothing, really, to do with Lemon Juice Day.

Anyway, it was lovely and cool for our run today, which is good, because our AC is on the fritz.  DH is going to call for a repair, but I told him to also get us a quote for a new one.  Cause yeah, our heat pump is original to the house, making it 22 years old.

And this is why we stashed away our tax rebate from when we got our solar panels.  It should just about cover a new heat pump (ouch!)  Although, with a new heat pump, we should have lower power usage, right? 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I do love lemons.

I have Pilates and 7.

Hope, ugh at the AC!

Damaris

PADRunner

RD and maybe cross at the gym tonight.

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - I hope you're able to get a technician to the house quickly.  It's too hot to be without AC, especially over a long weekend.  I've noticed several of our neighbors replacing their units, one by one, and it's worrisome since the houses are less than 15 years old.

D - enjoy your recovery day.

Not having a schedule to follow and no clue whether I'll do any races this fall means I may run later, or not.  I was really active at the beginning of our trip with running and walking, but as time went on I ran less and less.  Then the toe made any running impossible for a couple of weeks. So now I get to try to build up my miles again without hurting myself.  I know how to do it after a complete break, but it's less clear when the break was only partial.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Walk/Walk/Walk today.

Singer who runs a smidge

$225 for a service visit and a contact switch.  I guess we'll hold off on replacing the AC after all!!  Eventually it'll just give up and die altogether, but for now we're usually getting a service call a couple of times per year, couple hundred dollars each time.  Could be worse ...

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

$225 for a service visit and a contact switch.  I guess we'll hold off on replacing the AC after all!!  Eventually it'll just give up and die altogether, but for now we're usually getting a service call a couple of times per year, couple hundred dollars each time.  Could be worse ...

$292 this morning for new capacitor and cleaning compressor.

GinnyinPA

Jerry- did yours quit also?

I ended up with 6 on the TM.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

No, it was working fine.  Almost 20 years old.