Beginners and Beyond

WEDNESDAILIES, Coffee or Tea? (Read 61 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Morning guys!

Coffee for me. Sitting here with a cup, and a bowl of steel-cut oats with banana, blueberries and coconut, in my PJ's, goofing off on the internet. Story of my fabulously non-working week. Smile

Going out for a run later. Probably 7-8 miles. Not sure when, but it will be this afternoon sometime. Hubby and I are going to a pub for lunch. They have buffalo wings for him, and a decent vegetarian menu for me! Can't wait.

How's your dh been taking the whole you going veggie thing?  If I remember correctly, you were kinda worried about how that would go over when you were contemplating the change?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, Ami...30 hours.  How you med folks do that and still are able to function amazes me.  Sorry about the still-tender ITB, hope you can get your miles in comfortably.

Way to get your miles in Basya!

Nice running, LRB, and way to conquer the ice and dark!  Gazelle running, huh?  Must be nice.  When I run, I feel more like I'm this, lol...

...and the Rhino is purtier than me too.  Joking

Somehow, Dave, methinks your 'slow-down' pace is still pretty darn speedy.   Hang on to your sanity for the next 4 days!

Happy stay-cationing, April!    Hope you had a good time at the pub!

Hope you can get your run in, Dan, somewhere between all that driving and activity!

Gotta love a run going to the dogs, Z!  Have fun!  Maybe Dave can give you some taper tips.  Wink

Happy 6, B-Plus!

Good luck with your LR, Shirfan, especially with your weather.  Stay safe!  OK, here is a conundrum I've wondered about for winter folks.  So if it snows and since snow is white, at night do you wear darker clothes when you run so people can see you against the snow...or do you wear lighter clothes, cuz it's dark, and then just hope for the best that drivers don't think you're a big ole snowbank?  Wink

Good luck with your 12 easy, Matt!

I take it you are federal, Oski and Matt,  or federal contractors? At least you have a good attitude about it.  Sure hope those clowns in Congress get you back to normal soon.  I think Damaris is dealing with the same thing; if I remember correctly, she is a govt worker also.

You too, LRB?  I did not realize that you worked for the govt.  Good luck to you also, with all this furlough stuff going on.  I missed out on that, thankfully, as I work for the State, not the feds.

Congrats on your run, So I'm A Runner, but sorry winter is still hovering around you!  Enjoy that sunshine run!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Scotty...I kinda like the rhino...Rhino Scotty has a nice ring to it! As for what to wear in the snow, interesting question. Black might work, but I think the reflective stuff is safer.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Sorry for so much drive by posting.  I hope I can get back on tonight.  Did 10.1 this am. Nice loop by the hotel.  I'll try to be better on personals.

A few that I remember:

Beth I grew up pretty much swimming all the time and we taught swimming.  My mom was a water safety instructor.  She used to joke that chlorine was her natural body smell since she was always in the pool

LRB I joined you on the nice dark run.  Some areas on the sidewalk were not well lit at 5 am but I managed to not fall on my face

Dave it is a bit chilly in Florida too today.  It was in the low 40s when I ran and will be in the 30's tomorrow when I run.  Unheard of in these areas.  Glad I looked at my weather app before I packed or I'd have been a bit chilled.  I needed the arm warmers today so glad I brought them.

Flat runner nice 10

Sparker enjoy the intervals

Phil you are progressing well in PT.  You do know we take special classes just to learn how to better torture our patients right??

Scotty I'll join you for tea.  I highly considered getting some tea this am on my way to the center but settled for a 1.5 liter water instead.

Back to training.  Have a great day everyone

Marjorie

6 miles on the treadmill. I was playing around with the speed, and when I finished I said to myself "I have to remember where the time ended up", and of course 10 seconds later I completely forgot it.

Registered for the Martian Half Marathon on 4/13. I had been targeting the full, but decided to be honest with myself about my current fitness level. I was feeling pretty down about it, but I talked myself into getting excited about the half. I have only done one half and finished in 2:01, so can't leave a number like that sitting out there unchallenged.

Dave

Just B.S.

Total B.S.- Awe, does that mean you're not a princess anymore. Sad I hope you have a fabulous swim this morning and 5 miles later on tonight. Funny thing about the chlorine smell is that it always makes me hungry for pepperoni pizza. (Long story but when I was a kid we had a family pass for the community pool and sometimes after spending a long summer day swimming we'd pick up pizza at a local restaurant on the way home - for some reason it always tasted best after that chlorine soak)

I'm sorry Bruce.Smile I did like the "idea" of being a Princess but it's so not me in real life that

I had to change it. Now I'm just Total Me!

FYI, don't know how much I will be around in the next while. In order to keep getting in my workouts

and dealing with everything else that is going to come in the next few months, on-line time will most

likely be very limited.

If anyone remembers that my 84 yr old Aunt has been ill, we had her at the Dr again today. She can no

longer live on her own and is moving in with us today. Not sure how long that will be, but at least several

months until we can find a suitable assisted living facility that she is happy with and where a placement

is available.

Good thing is that is under the umbrella of the same Social Services Department where I worked for 3

years so I know the system, social workers and the home operators well.

Take care!

Pinktastic

FYI, don't know how much I will be around in the next while. In order to keep getting in my workouts

and dealing with everything else that is going to come in the next few months, on-line time will most

likely be very limited.

If anyone remembers that my 84 yr old Aunt has been ill, we had her at the Dr again today. She can no

longer live on her own and is moving in with us today. Not sure how long that will be, but at least several

months until we can find a suitable assisted living facility that she is happy with and where a placement

is available.

Good thing is that is under the umbrella of the same Social Services Department where I worked for 3

years so I know the system, social workers and the home operators well.

Take care!

Beth - Sorry to hear that your aunt isn't doing well enough to continue living on her own!  I'm sure that she is glad to have you in her life and very thankful to have a place to go until she is able to find something feels will be a good fit for her.   Sounds like you'll have your hands full as all of you make the adjustment, but I hope that it will be a smooth transition for all of you!   ((((Beth))))

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I ended up doing 4.1. 3 were super easy, 1 was a little faster, and the last .1 was balls to the walls in a headwind. I hate wind. I think 'm going to try for 7-8 tomorrow with some quality  miles. Speedwork scares the hell out of me, especially outside, but I'm going to really try to do a tempo run or something.

How's your dh been taking the whole you going veggie thing?  If I remember correctly, you were kinda worried about how that would go over when you were contemplating the change?

Yes - thanks for asking! Smile He was a little weirded out at first, but once he realized I was serious about it he was better. He's a complete meat-and-potatoes guy, and it's funny now because if I cook certain veggies for myself he'll ask if he can have some. So he's eating more veggies himself now. Smile He's also gotten more creative with his own meat cooking. He loves to grill and now he gets to make more of the stuff HE likes - brisket, that sort of thing. He actually smoked a pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon yesterday. According to him, it was VERY good.

He asked me if I wanted to try a bite. I asked if he wanted to try a bite of my sweet potato and black bean burrito. Wink

YAYpril - B-Plus

Beth, you're a GREAT niece. Take care of your aunt and we're here for you when you get some time to say hello.

4.5 miles today for me at lunch time!! Great run!!!!

B-Plus

How painful was the shower last night? :P

Lol, it was fine because I bandaged up.

Sorry about the work situation, but at least you're looking at the bright side of things.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Shirfan, ha! I remember that episode. Now that's all I'll be able to think about every time I eat METAL OATS. Smile

Oski, sorry about your hours getting cut. You're definitely looking on the bright side, though. Kudos to you.

Dave, yay for registering for a race! I bet that medal is awesome. Martian Half Marathon - love it!

Bill, love those great lunchtime runs. It really perks you up for the rest of the day.

StepbyStep-SH

Beth - What a blessing you are to your aunt now. Sending good thoughts that you all can make the adjustments and make the most of the time together.

I enjoyed 10.22 miles in the sun, though the wind still had a bit of a bite to it. Last three miles worked down from GMP+:40 to GMP.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

Scotty - no, not gov't worker, but a lot of our clients are on gov't grants, so we feel the pinch (and have for several years).

Heading out for my run now and the sun is shining, it's actually a decent temp out, and most of the snow has melted.  Hell yeah.

Docket_Rocket

Hi. Late checkup as I enjoy a sky ride at the SD Zoo. I think today mighybe an SRD although I have walked more than 7 miles already.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page