Beginners and Beyond

Before and After (Read 222 times)

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Nice thread...these are awesome before and after pics.  What I can't get over is that not only do you all look fitter...you all look younger and even happier...everyone across the board.  Congatulations...truly amazing.

**Ask me about streaking**

GC100k

Did you see Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead?

Unfortunately, yes.

"Hey, I'm so rich that I can do nothing but film myself drinking juice for a year.  Guess what?  You lose weight if you don't eat.  I'm a genius!  Everyone should stop eating."

Not a fan.

btw, saying the guy who says he loses 7 lbs in a couple days is full of shit is the opposite.  You can lose a lot of weight in a few days with diuretics and laxatives.

Sloooow.

I feel kind of silly posting pictures when I'm still fat. I may delete this before picture. Apparently my mother tagged me in a picture on Facebook a while back, and I'd hidden it. Unfortunately rediscovered it recently.

Around 265lbs. My highest of 276 was during pregnancy.

5K on May 5th, 210lbs.

I still have a long way to go, eventually I'd like to be 170, but my short term goal is 199.

Dad on the run.

DO NOT delete this! That is HUGE progress and you look amazing in that after picture. Keep up the great work!

I feel kind of silly posting pictures when I'm still fat. I may delete this before picture. Apparently my mother tagged me in a picture on Facebook a while back, and I'd hidden it. Unfortunately rediscovered it recently.

Around 265lbs. My highest of 276 was during pregnancy.

5K on May 5th, 210lbs.

I still have a long way to go, eventually I'd like to be 170, but my short term goal is 199.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

B-Plus

yes- thats what my friend showed me and I did mostly juices for a couple of months.

Good job! But you must have felt like crap all the time when you did that.

happylily

DO NOT delete this! That is HUGE progress and you look amazing in that after picture. Keep up the great work!

+100!

You should be sooooo proud of yourself everytime you look at that picture! Smile

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Good job! But you must have felt like crap all the time when you did that.

day 2-3 were pretty tough. the rest of the time it wasnt bad. I knew I couldnt workout and juice at the same time, and I knew it wasnt a long term thing. Energy was good and my taste buds totally changed. Things that I thought were super sweet, my wife thought were horrible.

I had 2 co workers try it and couldnt make it past day 2.

The routine of getting up early and making juice for the day got old, but now i get i get up earlier to get my miles in. Kinda funny how stuff works out.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Mmmmm...beer

Absolutely amazing work everyone!!  Keep it up! Smile

Besides my family, losing weight is the best decision I've ever made.

270lbs in Dec 2011, holding steady in the mid 180s now, with some more bodyfat to lose.

I like Mel's idea of keeping it race related, so here's my first race, a 5k last June, 215lbs here.

5k on New Years Eve, current weight.  Same outfit even. lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hip Redux

Damn, you all look great!!   Coralie - you look fab, don't be ashamed.

I've lost about 25-30 lbs since 2011, nothing compared to the accomplishments you guys have done.  Wow.   :bows in awe:

GinnyinPA

I lost weight before I started running and while I was injured.  I can't seem to lose weight while I'm running, and in fact have put on a few pounds since I upped my mileage.  I seem to be hungry all the time.  Kudos to all of you who have managed to combine real weight loss with exercise.

I've lost about 25-30 lbs since 2011, nothing compared to the accomplishments you guys have done.  Wow.   :bows in awe:

Pics or it didn't happen! You can keep the Oski head on if you want. Wink

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, everybody.  When I get home I will

share my wedding picture.  I was even bigger there.  My mom just gave me some pics from when I was younger. It's a shame I didn't stay at that model size.

Damaris

Hip Redux

Pics or it didn't happen! You can keep the Oski head on if you want. Wink

Edited - yeah, I have a 'before' photo or two.   Yeesh.    The Oski head would be an improvement lol

YAYpril - B-Plus

You guys are really inspirational. Bravo!

I haven't lost a lot of weight from running, but I'm fitter. I'm about 17 pounds less than my heaviest (probably around 2008-2009 - I started running in 2010) but I'm still ~6 pounds heavier than my wedding weight (I got married in 2007). But, I'm a little smaller, so I can't complain.

LRB

Edited - yeah, I have a 'before' photo or two.   Yeesh.    The Oski head would be an improvement lol

You crack me up!

Great stuff peeps!  It is is amazing how good you all look and how so frickin' fast some of you got!

As for me, my body has not changed drastically but my before shot would show me wearing two shirts in 50 degree weather, dual layer shorts down to my knees, headphones, and cross training shoes.  In my pockets would be three pieces of gum, some Cliff Block chews and a 4 ounce tube of Powerade.

Nowadays, you will see me in a paper thin singlet in 30 degree weather, paper thin shorts to my mid-thigh, gloves, socks and a pair of stability shoes and not much else!