Beginners and Beyond

Before and After (Read 222 times)

The picture on the left is year ago at DS high school graduation , that's my lovely DD. the one on the right is after my last 5k in March 50 lbs ago.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Rungry!

I don't have many pictures of me at my heaviest (225 lbs), I tried my best to avoid cameras. This will have to do - 195 lbs vs 150 lbs. I didn't start running until I got down to 175 lbs. I got down to 140 for a while but have had trouble maintaining, so I'm back at 150.

Jen

andrew jerald

first race photo RunforLife5k31111_zps983ae92d.png photo Running1.jpg

First race, with only 2 weeks of training. I'm about 190 in this picture, when I left for patrol (Navy) I weighed about 220lbs came back at 190 and decided it was time to start running. Now I'm about 170lbs

Buelligan

I love threads like this.  Everyone looks great!

All of you should be justifiably proud of what you've accomplished.  Congratulations to all.

happylily

I love threads like this.  Everyone looks great!

All of you should be justifiably proud of what you've accomplished.  Congratulations to all.

^ This. Really amazing!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

^ This. Really amazing!

+1000!

Docket_Rocket

+10000

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

I agree, everyone looks fabulous and some of you have had an amazing journey!

I give all of you credit, you are move brave than myself.

I  will never be putting up the pics of the almost 160 lb me.  That was 40 pounds ago and  13 years

ago,  just a few months before I became a runner and  pre-digital camera. Suffice to say that the

120 lb me never wants to see her again and never wants photos of her on the internet.Big grin

Running has given me (and a few years later my hubby who also lost 40lbs)  a new life as a healthy

slim person and a totally different path that the one I was headed down before I became a runner in

May 2000.

This is my Runniversary month!!

sirdizzy

I'll play

Before

Another before and sometime during my second half marathon in 2011

And during last Saturdays Half Ironman after 70 miles Smile

Just B.S.

Amazing Diz.. You are still a whole lotta crazyBig grin but there is a lot less of you now.

Seriously, congrats man. That is a lot of hard work and you should be very proud of yourself.

Dad on the run.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

BAM!

+10000

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Mostly harmless

I'll play....

Dizzy wins.

Great work dude.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Dizzy wins.

Wow, I think he lost about 2 Happylilys. I'm not sure I'm even exaggerating there.

Dave

happylily

Wow, I think he lost about 2 Happylilys. I'm not sure I'm even exaggerating there.

LOL...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

sirdizzy

Yea sounds about right as I think Happy Lilys are like 100-110 pounds and I lost 2 of those Smile