Beginners and Beyond

Before and After (Read 222 times)

Robert31320

Team TJ

When I was losing weight, I went through several plateaus where I'd hold at a particular weight for months before I lost some again.  Just keep plugging away and examine where you might be getting "stealth" calories during the day by doing stuff like grabbing a couple of handfuls of nuts just because they are there or drinking a "recovery beverage" after every run.

Thanks, Brad.  For about the last two months this perfectly describes my issue.  Had a better weekend avoiding the grazing and feel like I'm headed in the right direction again.

Running for TJ because he can't.

I don't have to wear dress clothes for work, so when I reached for my favorite pair of Khakis for a wedding and they didn't fit, it was slightly worrisone. When the ONLY pair of dress pants that fit were the Dockers with the added elastic band, that was it. The day we got back from the wedding, I started running. My wife had given birth to our son 4 weeks prior and the doc was about to put me on a statin because of my lipids.

When I carry around my 20 lb son, it's hard to believe that less than a year ago I was carrying around the equivalent of two of him as a spare tire. That wedding was my wake up call, by my boy was (and still is) my inspiration.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Like a few others....I was a 42 waist and had been looking for new pants..needed a 44..had dr appt that day, bp 182/110..Picked up a pair of 36 jeans last night that were a 36 waist from Banana Republic..

bluerun

Super B****

Yet, you are healthier and better now.  Remember that. Smile

Yes, I can't deny that it apparently improved my running, which makes me able to accept the fact that I can't stand to look in the mirror.  If I didn't have that payoff, well... we'd have problems.  Joking

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Like a few others....I was a 42 waist and had been looking for new pants..needed a 44..had dr appt that day, bp 182/110..Picked up a pair of 36 jeans last night that were a 36 waist from Banana Republic..

how long did it take you to go from 42-36?

I am a 40 and would like to be a 36. I was a 36 in the 6th grade :/

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I have a certain weight that I don't "let" myself get above. I've gone through several periods of my life when I've gotten there, and getting to that point is always very excuse-ridden....I blame everything going on in my life but my own laziness...and then suddenly I approach my "scary weight" and then I force myself to do something.This time though I never ever ever want to get close to that again!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

MrNamtor

how long did it take you to go from 42-36?

I am a 40 and would like to be a 36. I was a 36 in the 6th grade :/

the basic formula is 5 lbs per inch. So if you lose about 20 lbs that should take you down to about 36.

MrNamtor

and banana republic cuts things small so you might be even better than that. What's your bp now, do you know?

Luke79

Man, I feel like a freak... if I were to share "before and after" pictures, I'd be the exact opposite of all of these and heavier in the "after" ones.  Undecided

I know what you mean.  I'm not heavier, just the same.  After 2 years of running, I haven't lost a pound.  It all starts in the kitchen!

YAYpril - B-Plus

I know what you mean.  I'm not heavier, just the same.  After 2 years of running, I haven't lost a pound.  It all starts in the kitchen!

I posted this earlier, but I'm kind of in the same boat. I haven't lost a whole lot of weight from running - I'm pretty sure all the weight I've lost is from dietary changes. And now that I'm training for the marathon, I'm truly afraid of the hunger pangs I know I'll get.

sirdizzy

By big plateau was 240 pounds this was after losing like 175 pounds.  I got stuck at 240 for like 6 months before that I never had any plateau's.  I lost like 2-3 pounds a week like clockwork for over a year until I hit that plateau, don't give up they happen.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I posted this earlier, but I'm kind of in the same boat. I haven't lost a whole lot of weight from running - I'm pretty sure all the weight I've lost is from dietary changes. And now that I'm training for the marathon, I'm truly afraid of the hunger pangs I know I'll get.

Yeah, I was running regularly for several months and barely lost anything when I decided to go on Weight Watchers. Lost 10 pounds pretty quickly!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to