Beginners and Beyond

Week 8: Penguins Need A Weekend to Rest from this Weekend! (2/19 - 2/25) (Read 10 times)

Docket_Rocket

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Sorry, forgot to start it yesterday.  Ran 18 on the TM yesterday.

I have Pilates and 6 tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

I definitely needed a weekend to rest from my weekend, which is why I took yesterday off.  Woo-hoo!!  So Saturday three of us went down to VA Beach to watch another chorus get coached, in hopes of picking up some tips that we could also use.  It was an interesting trip, but their coaching was so specific to the song they were singing, I don't think it was particularly helpful for us.  So fun, but not terribly useful.  Oh well!  Plus the weather got a little chancy back home, so we ended up leaving early and spending more time on the road than at the rehearsal.  So it was lovely to have yesterday off.  I slept in, had a late breakfast with DH, did some video gaming, did my yoga, and then we were off to the mall to get some black flats for contest.  A lovely day, all in all.

Today was yoga in the morning, then catchup at work.  Hoping to get out for a walk, because it's supposed to be in the 70's today.  I love me some springtime weather!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

HM - we have the spring weather here too, for the next two days.  Sorry your trip to Virginia Beach was a bust, but at least you got to spend time with friends.

D - Enjoy your recovery run.

I have 7 with strides today. The sun is shining and it is warm, definitely unusual weather for February. Our high is supposed to be 72 today and 74 tomorrow.  T-shirt weather!

Singer who runs a smidge

Docket, when is DH's surgery?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Tuesday!  We might have to be in the hospital Monday morning, but hoping this time we won't have to.  They would do an angio to map the brain before surgery, which will require him to be in bed for 3-4 hours after it.  We'll see.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

I have an eye exam on Tuesday ... somehow it doesn't even compare!!

Caught a rock on my windshield during my morning commute. It's not too bad, just a quarter-sized star, but DH is exploring our options to get it fixed.  Mostly it's a scheduling issue.

Docket_Rocket

Oh, FFS, Hope!  No!!!!!  Does your state cover the deductible like FL does (due to the debris on the road)?  Ours is exchanged for free.

I have 8 and weights tonight.

Ginny, hoping the 7 went well.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Oh, FFS, Hope!  No!!!!!  Does your state cover the deductible like FL does (due to the debris on the road)?  Ours is exchanged for free.

Definitely not.  That would be nice!

GinnyinPA

D - that would be nice, having someone else pay for a chipped window. We've had to replace our windshield a couple of times in recent years thanks to the long trips we do. We also had a nick that we were able to ignore for about 3 years because it wasn't within the usual field of vision and didn't get any bigger. Our worst was a piece of rock that managed to completely demolish the rear window in our truck. We didn't even know it happened until we heard the noise of the wind coming in the back. Since Ben was asleep underneath, we were lucky he didn't get cut.

Docket_Rocket

Technically, it's paid by the insurance (100%) but they get reimbursed by the state per law.  So, no one should pay for the front window in FL.  Only the front one though.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

I've had more windshield dings than I can count.  I've only had to replace a couple of full windshields, though.  Once I caught a rock that necessitated a windshield replacement. then two weeks later caught a screw and had to do the whole thing over again. 

GinnyinPA

Damaris - have a blast at Disney.

Rest day here after yesterday's 11. It's cold and drizzly, so I am happy to be indoors, especially after getting soaked walking Ben this morning.

Singer who runs a smidge

Fixing to head out to another chorus performance!  Time to get my glam on!

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, yesterday was insane.  The lady in charge of regional chorus contest sent out a mailing about awards presenters a month ago, and it had some mistakes in the names.  So I fixed the mistakes and sent it back to her.

Yesterday she sent out the mailing again, having completely ignored my changes, so I had to fix them AGAIN and mail them out to all concerned.  I swear, it's just easier to bypass this woman completely and deal with the people actually doing the work.  This lady is almost totally incompetent at this job.  (Caveat:  I would also be totally incompetent at this job.  It's a tough job and takes someone with incredible focus and attention to detail.)

But the performance last night was a blast -- very interactive audience, which always makes us step up our game.  Lots of energy, lots of fun, lots of glitter everywhere!