Beginners and Beyond

Finally Friday! (Read 27 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Where is everyone? Running after work. It has finally cooled down.

delicate flower

Hola el guapos!  Speaking of which, wife and I have a quinceanera to attend this afternoon/evening.  This will be a new experience for us.  I picked up my "this costs how much!?" tux rental last night.  Before that though, I have to go pick up my race packet for tomorrow's HM.  2200 yard swim done this morning.  I had a physical at the doc's yesterday and got shots in both deltoids (flu and tetanus).  I was feeling that soreness during my swim!

<3

KCRuns

Good morning!!

Another rest day for me.  I'm getting stir crazy, but trying to be smart and stick to walking for now.  I may test some slow miles tomorrow or Sunday.

Runshortii

Good morning!!

Another rest day for me.  I'm getting stir crazy, but trying to be smart and stick to walking for now.  I may test some slow miles tomorrow or Sunday.

^^this. I’ll probably start running Monday

From the Internet.

5 mile tempo in an effort to nail down a pace for next Sunday's half marathon. I don't know that I gave myself any new information here, lol.

2 mile warmup, then my 5 were 7:30, 7:28, 7:09, 7:07, 6:54, another 1.8 back home to cool down. Lots of debris on the sidewalks today, I'll have taper and race day adrenaline on my side next week and the weather forecast looks absolutely perfect - low-mid 40s.

7:30 should be easy peasy, 6:54 is unsustainable but I felt great and wanted to push a little. 7:10 sounds fast. Who knows. I'll probably clock the first couple in 7:25-30 and evaluate from there.

sdWhiskers

4.3 easy miles including some strides. Coolest morning yet! Although probably only mid 60s

Work is really f'in with me right now.

KCRuns

+1

RunningOnSand

Sorry dudesies (you too, KC). Sad

Re race plans in 2019 and beyond, I also have nothing planned. I figured I'd run the Monumental marathon next month and evaluate from there. I'm in the phase of marathon training where "running is dumb". Good thing this is peak week (I think?!) and then slowly start cutting mileage and intensity.

onemile

I am thinking I might run a spring marathon.  Mostly likely Wisconsin. It seems to make the most sense logistically and has a pretty good history of cool weather.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  It’s my Friday off and I just got back from a massage. Taking Hershey to the vet since he has lost weight and then 6 miles. Dewpoint is 79 and feels like 98 so it will be on the TM because FTS.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I am thinking I might run a spring marathon.  Mostly likely Wisconsin. It seems to make the most sense logistically and has a pretty good history of cool weather.

With an outside chance to place, depending on way too much shit to be thinking about at the juncture. But still nice to think about. 👍

LRB

5 mile tempo in an effort to nail down a pace for next Sunday's half marathon. I don't know that I gave myself any new information here, lol.

2 mile warmup, then my 5 were 7:30, 7:28, 7:09, 7:07, 6:54, another 1.8 back home to cool down. Lots of debris on the sidewalks today, I'll have taper and race day adrenaline on my side next week and the weather forecast looks absolutely perfect - low-mid 40s.

7:30 should be easy peasy, 6:54 is unsustainable but I felt great and wanted to push a little. 7:10 sounds fast. Who knows. I'll probably clock the first couple in 7:25-30 and evaluate from there.

I personally would err on the side of what I think the fastest I can run it at, versus starting out on the slowest side. But I've been absolutely atrocious at the half marathon distance, so it would be better to take advice from someone who doesn't blow.

I thought you swore those off! But of course I fully support this decision.

FTR, here are my best laid plans:

Spring 2019 - Boston

Fall 2019 - Seattle

Spring 2020 - Vancouver, BC

Fall 2020 - NYC (if I qualify)

Spring 2021 - RnR Seattle

Fall 2021 - Chicago

Dave

Oh BTW, I ran 5.6 miles this morning. An unusual non-whole number, but only because I ran short on time yesterday and had to finish with a .5, so I have to correct it to make the week end in a whole number. Even though I am not training for anything and don't really care about the number. Why tho.

Dave

Runshortii

It’s flat too. I’ll probably run the HM.