Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins are loving spring!! (Read 8 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, not so much Docket, who is already well into summer.  But it's in the 70's here, 50's at night, perfect for sleeping with the windows open.  And the trees are putting out leaves, so my commute is more fun to look at.  The only drawback is the lovely coating of green-yellow pollen, but I refuse to complain (much).

Ginny from yesterday -- Mom gets out of the hospital on Thursday, and DH and I are going down Wednesday to spend a week.  She's already up, sort of -- she has therapy this morning and again this afternoon, and they told her she has to walk to therapy this afternoon.  Recovery sounds pretty aggressive -- she has to walk every hour, plus exercises, and some laying flat time ... I think it's good we're going down to help out.  Dad is also there, and will do plenty, but we'll be around for cooking, cleaning, running errands, and someone different to talk to.  Plus I expect much of the church will show up for visits.  We might have to put a limit on those! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, we don't know what is Spring.

Morning!  I have Pilates and 7.

I thought I commented about it last night, Hope, but if I didn't, glad your mom is doing so well after surgery.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

HM - we've had the windows open for a couple of days; I love it.  I hope your visit with your parents goes well.

D - enjoy your Pilates and 7 today.

AM: Today is supposed to get up to 82, which will be a warmer run than I'm used to, but I have only 4-5 today so it will be good acclimatization.

Singer who runs a smidge

Yeah, we don't know what is Spring.

Morning!  I have Pilates and 7.

I thought I commented about it last night, Hope, but if I didn't, glad your mom is doing so well after surgery.

You did, and thanks!!