Beginners and Beyond

The LA Marathon (Read 95 times)

LRB

Sunday, 6:45 am PST

This will be Ryan Hall's first marathon since joining forces with Jack Daniels. The real question though is will his wife (Sara Hall) running her first marathon, or Brilliant (what up doe!) running her second marathon come in with a faster time than his.

Seriously, simply finishing the stupid thing will be a huge mental lift for him. I hope he does. You?

happylily

LOL... I was just going to say that I have more faith in our own Brilliant.. You beat me to it.

Go Brilliant, go!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Brilliant

I can take 'em!  Big grin

Actually I'm just trying to finish before my Garmin FR10 dies at 5:08, which is its previous limit. Smile  I think I'm trained for 4:5X but all bets are off because of the heat forecast.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Brill - good luck!  You'll do great =D

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

From the Internet.

Sending lots of luck and nice cool breezes for Brill! And everyone else too, I suppose, haha Smile

I'll definitely be watching to see how the Halls fare. I hope Ryan has a good race, as a (much much slower) injury-prone comrade I'm rooting for him.

Exciting stuff all around this weekend with both LA and the NYC Half tomorrow and 15K championships in FL this morning too!

LRB

Actually I'm just trying to finish before my Garmin FR10 dies at 5:08, which is its previous limit...

We should all try that, imagine the desperation and purpose one would run with.

Good luck yo!

Hip Redux

I'm going out on a limb and saying he DNFs.

Docket_Rocket

He'll DNF for weather.  The sissy.

Brilliant, OTOH, will finish badassly.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

I'm going out on a limb and saying he DNFs.

Or possibly DNS.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

He'll DNF for weather.  The sissy.

Brilliant, OTOH, will finish badassly.

I like that word. A new adverb added to my vocabulary. Thanks, D!

It is is going to be freaking hot out there. The elites will be done before it gets really hot so it's the average Joe runners like us that I'm worried about.

delicate flower

Good luck, Brilliant!

I am starting to think Mr. Oski registered for this event.  That would certainly explain the weather forecast.  Every marathon he runs turns out to be hot and humid.

<3

Hip Redux

Good luck, Brilliant!

I am starting to think Mr. Oski registered for this event.  That would certainly explain the weather forecast.  Every marathon he runs turns out to be hot and humid.

HA!  You saw his FB post the other day?  "I don't understand how this is happening. I'm not even running it this year."    He has the worst luck lol

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, Brilliant!

No Wonder San Francisco was hot last year.  Oski, nevermind.  I rescind the invitation to meet back there! (j/k)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I like that word. A new adverb added to my vocabulary. Thanks, D!

LRB

It is is going to be freaking hot out there. The elites will be done before it gets really hot so it's the average Joe runners like us that I'm worried about.

The elite women start first, then the elite men and the entire field follow 10 minutes later.