Beginners and Beyond

Category 4 Sundailies (Read 38 times)

delicate flower

Of all people - where's the swag report??

20 miles done. 70 for the week. Now football. This is the problem with WC time, I miss half of the early game. But I do get to stay up till the end of all the night games. Used to be I frequently wouldn't bother, knowing I'd have to go to bed by halftime. Since we moved out here, my wife thinks I just suddenly like football, because there are 3 nights a week she sees me watching when I often didn't before.

Nice miles.

I got a little medal.  Actually two, since they handed out finisher medals.  Plus the race came with a little shoulder bag and water bottle.  Not bad for a little $20 5K.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Nice 20, Dave.

Nice swag, Baboon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

I suck.  The end.

I feel your pain.

I chased a sub X:59 mile for several years in my 30's.  Lots of X:01, X:02, X:03s - time trials and races, didn't matter.

I had one at X:57 but it was a road mile, and it was the same day I ran a 5K PR, so I'm guessing that measurement might have been a bit off, and I don't count it.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Nice 20, Dave.

Nice swag, Baboon.

this ^^^^

And glad to see you are safe DR.

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Lately I've just been walking a couple of miles on Sunday, but I figured that a real slow run takes no more effort than a quick paced walk.

So, 2 miles - yep, a whole 2 miles.

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

this ^^^^

And glad to see you are safe DR.

Thanks!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

That fairie (however that is spelled) in your race, baboon. Geeezes.

And Dave, nice 20 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Baboon, nice race & OA placing. That's an interesting pre-race picture.

Golden Tate and Ameer Abdullah on my fantasy team. 

5 TDs for the Lions, and none of them by their #1 WR or #1 RB. FFS.

Dave

LRB

5 TDs for the Lions, and none of them by their #1 WR or #1 RB. FFS.

Yeah, they put it on dat ass in the second half. 26 unanswered points total.

Hip Redux

The guy on the weather channel is about to take flight in Irma.  GO INSIDE.

Yeah, they put it on dat ass in the second half. 26 unanswered points total.

Yeah that was a pretty impressive performance by your kittycats.

Dave

The guy on the weather channel is about to take flight in Irma.  GO INSIDE.

Of all the people ever killed in storms, I wonder what percentage were TV weathermen or cameramen? They are always out there getting hammered, telling us how everyone needs to evacuate and find shelter. Dude! What are you doing out there??

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Of all the people ever killed in storms, I wonder what percentage were TV weathermen or cameramen? They are always out there getting hammered, telling us how everyone needs to evacuate and find shelter. Dude! What are you doing out there??

They always say they are trained professionals and take precautions. When they started talking about alligators in the water in TX, I really wanted to see one get a love nip from one.

Hip Redux

I know, right?  He also got hit by some debris.  But at least he has a helmet on.