Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies are here (Read 45 times)

Starting on west coast time? What's with you people? Everyone out all night at the Golden Globes after-parties?

4 miles

Dave

oldfartrunner

Morning Dave and other lurking Runners.  Heard a warmup is coming to the NE?

Thinking on 8/5 today with some pace, butt hip/back/hammy was pretty sore over the weekend so will play it by ear.  ..I got off for a 10K race the 27th, so will see if I can finally pop (not poop) a good one.

delicate flower

'Morning, friends.  I swam 2700 yards before work.  I was rather enjoying my swim and it would have been nice if I could keep going, but I had to get to stupid stupid stupid work.  Short run to do tonight and FINALLY the cold weather has eased up.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Feels like afternoon to me because I've been awake since 2 AM.  And it's like there's no heat in my office so my fingers are too frozen to type.  I may be a wee bit cranky.

25 trainer miles.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I chatted with garmin support and it sounds like they are aware of the cold weather shutdown problem and added me to their case file. Nothing will probably come out of that

RunningOnSand

Feels like afternoon to me because I've been awake since 2 AM.  And it's like there's no heat in my office so my fingers are too frozen to type.  I may be a wee bit cranky.

25 trainer miles.

I want to cry for you. And then the cold on top of that is just a slap in the face.

It warmed up here! I'm trying to motivate my azz to get up and get out there for a run. Sigh. It was dumb of me to sit down with a cup of coffee. Big grin

I chatted with garmin support and it sounds like they are aware of the cold weather shutdown problem and added me to their case file. Nothing will probably most definitively come out of that

fyp

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

I want to cry for you. And then the cold on top of that is just a slap in the face.

It's 60 degrees in here.  That's nice when it's outside, not so much indoors.  I can't feel my feet.

Speaking of Garmin -- 645 is coming out at the end of this month!  A music GPS watch holds no appeal for me but I'm sure lots of people will be super excited.  (Meanwhile, I'm still over here waiting for my Mk1...)

chasing the impossible

LRB

The 645 Music (there's supposed to be one without music) is on Garmin's website for $449 today, with estimated delivery in 5 - 8 weeks.

The DC Rainmaker has a preliminary review on it on his site as well.

Cyberic

Back to the grind. Run commute this morning. Mild weather, but snow. There is always something. Felt good, though, that my face didn't feel a permanent sting.

Never contacted Garmin. I know a girl who has a 630. It shuts down in the cold.

Cyberic

The 645 Music (there's supposed to be one without music) is on Garmin's website for $449 today, with estimated delivery in 5 - 8 weeks.

How cool! Not that I want it, but I always enjoy reading about the high end Garmin gadgets Smile

bluerun

Super B****

The Mk1 started off saying that.  On October 31.  Which was ten weeks ago.

chasing the impossible

KCRuns

We're warming up a little, temps today should be near 30, maybe even a little over!

After a few weeks off for the holidays, my Monday night group is back on the schedule.  I'm hoping for 4 miles tonight.  Bonus, we're doing our holiday cookie exchange after the run, so I'll go home with goodies Smile

My gym is closed for the next 2-3 weeks, they are moving to a new floor in the building.  I don't know why it would take that long to move equipment (the build-out is complete), but I'm finding myself with warmer weather, so I can run commute, but no shower since the gym is closed. They told us we can go to one of their other locations (not convenient at all for both location and hours).  So I'm trying to figure out my running plan for the rest of the month.

sdWhiskers

6 miles with 3 at MP but I did them a smidge faster. I thought I'd be a little cold in a tank top but nope, already in the 60's out there before 6am.

Came in to work to find my email not working, even though it was ok on my phone earlier this morning. My company made a recent switch, moving from local site IT groups and applications to all global IT support. This means that our local guys can't do anything to fix my email and I have to wait for the global people to give a shit....who are many time zones away. Sigh.

sdWhiskers

It's 60 degrees in here.  That's nice when it's outside, not so much indoors.  I can't feel my feet.

Most people where I work have space heaters under their desks. Our outside temps here are pretty great year round...which somehow means the powers-that-be keep the AC cranked. It is routinely 60-65 inside.