Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #145 (Read 32 times)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I have 16 and they will be on the TM since it's hot and humid today. I noticed I still have my allergy test welts as red as the day they did them so I assume my body still hasn't finished attacking those. No wonder I still feel blah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

15.97 miles and 79.35 for the week. Thought you'd like that. 

As expected, a LR after a Saturday workout is tougher. I was feeling yesterday's shenanigans in my legs and in my cardio. Nothing major, just not fully recovered from yesterday.

Also shifting my focus from "volume with Q work" to "Speed work while keeping a highish volume". I want to work on speed for now, but be ready to tackle on marathon training on one day's notice if needed.

ETA: Just looked up "shenanigans" and I guess a running workout is not really a proper use of the word. Sorry. Will not make that mistake again!!!

As expected, a LR after a Saturday workout is tougher. I was feeling yesterday's shenanigans in my legs and in my cardio. Nothing major, just not fully recovered from yesterday.

Flashbacks to the Pfitz plan. Race a 10k Saturday then run 18 on Sunday. 

Dave

Cyberic

Flashbacks to the Pfitz plan. Race a 10k Saturday then run 18 on Sunday. 

Hahaha, well that is way worse than what I did. Same idea but pushed to another level.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning!

My gym opened this morning at 6 am and I was there, got in a great 40 minute back workout! I feel so good - physically and mentally.

Then I went rollerblading for 6.3 miles. Today started off great!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

15.97 miles and 79.35 for the week. Thought you'd like that. 

Also shifting my focus from "volume with Q work" to "Speed work while keeping a highish volume". I want to work on speed for now, but be ready to tackle on marathon training on one day's notice if needed.

ETA: Just looked up "shenanigans" and I guess a running workout is not really a proper use of the word. Sorry. Will not make that mistake again!!!

In the context of the sentence, it was an acceptable informal use of the word, but we'd need bluerun to offer a concurring or dissenting opinion on that.

That mom4running woman from the miles game has 106 miles this week...based on log updated through FRIDAY. God only knows what she’ll end up with.

Dave

Cyberic

In the context of the sentence, it was an acceptable informal use of the word, but we'd need bluerun to offer a concurring or dissenting opinion on that.

I took that word from you, and from what I remembered, you do use it in the context of running prowesses or stupidities. I'm not surprised you are telling me it is fine 

MTA: I like that word.

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

I concur with this, considering running is really just a never-ending series of shenanigans.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

I concur with this, considering running is really just a never-ending series of shenanigans.

Ok then. My use of the word was not a mistake, and therefore I will use it again.

Word.

Docket_Rocket

That mom4running woman from the miles game has 106 miles this week...based on log updated through FRIDAY. God only knows what she’ll end up with.

She is on my team. I think she said she is a health care worker so I am sure she is running this much to keep her sanity during the pandemic.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

She is rock steady, too. Like 100 miles pretty much every week.

ETA: Guess my data was old, and she is on a 115 miles/week streak 

sdWhiskers

6 miles