Beginners and Beyond

Where are you WednesDAILIES (Read 34 times)

RunningOnSand

Peekaboo...where is everyone? Must be out running.

Morning ROS and All!

I wish. The calf is still bothering me a bit...hoping it will be better tomorrow.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

RunningOnSand

I begrudgingly decided that the early bird gets the worm, so dammit, I was going to get up early and run! Embrace the day. Hopefully have one of those mornings like Fred had a couple of days ago. So, my alarm went off, I jumped out of bed immediately (without even snoozing!), made my way downstairs and checked my phone, only to realize that it is going to be thunderstorming while I planned to run. And the kicker is, that the only chance of rain all day is during the window of when I planned to run.  So, TM it is for me. 

Whatcha got planned for today?

ETA: sorry that your calf is still bugging you, Jay. Sad Hoping one more day is the trick.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Jay, sending good vibe to your calf.

I rode 40 miles in light to moderate rain.  It's a good thing a wet ass doesn't hurt you, or else I'd be suffering.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

'Morning, kids.  2500 yard swim done.  I've got a tempo run later, and it looks like it'll be similar weather to what ROS was dealing with this morning.  I'll hit the track as long as it's not too dangerous to run outside, though I do have my treadmill gear with me (i.e foot pod and iPod). 

Have I mentioned how the elevator music in this building is the best elevator music ever?  This morning it was blaring "I Love Rock n Roll" at an usually loud volume for an elevator.  I didn't want to get off! 

<3

Docket_Rocket

Oh, I am pretty sure I was driving to Court.  What time is it?  Seems like I've been working half a day already.

I have 7 miles with 2 @ 10K pace.  Lordy...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

I ran 9.5 miles with 6x1k

Cyberic

RCD

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

SRD for me.  The forecast for the rest of the week pretty much ensures no repeats of Monday's glorious run.  I'll just have to live with the memory of it for now, but after all, if those types of runs were frequent, they wouldn't be special.  Sorry the early morning didn't work out for you ROS.  I hope your calf recovers, Jay, and I'm glad PR doesn't melt in the rain ala the Wicked Witch of the West.  ;-)  Nice swim, Baboon, and the only thing our elevators are known for is their lack of air conditioning - lovely to get into a sweat box moments before arriving at my desk.  Keep up the miles, Cyb, DR, & OneMile.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning!

Thanks for all the congrats and comments yesterday about my race - much appreciated.

ROS...hope your TM run went well.

Jay...my calf pain buddy! Do you have a timeline for when you might go see somebody about it? I usually give stuff 2 weeks, if I don't immediately know.

Pleasant...I think a wet ass can hurt you! Is chaffing on the bike not a thing like on the run? I used at least a quarter of a tub of Vaseline at my race for just that issue. Good 40 again.

Baboon...Nice swim...hope the tempo gets to happen outside.

Docket...That's a tough one. Is it 2x1mi at 10k, or just 2 at 10k in the middle? Either way, good luck with the hard effort.

Onemile...Nice workout with the 1000s

Cyberic...Have a great commute.

As for me...had a decent 3+ miles last night. My calves feel so tight that if you poked them with a pin they would just explode, but they seem to be allowing me to run a little. My feet and ankles also are swelling more as the days go by, and they're pretty sausage like today. Group run tonight is down on a flat bike trail, so that will be a good setting for me. I haven't decided on the distance yet, and will just play it by ear.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

Bar night with the peeps from work later. That's always fun.

delicate flower

the peeps from work

always fun

does not compute.

<3

SIAR- Yes we are calf pain brothers now lol. As far as a timeline...if it doesn’t improve in like 2 weeks I would start to get concerned. It costs me a fortune with my insurance to see anyone so I’m always a little hesitant to go.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

sdWhiskers

Plan is 7 after work, just easy. Due to my lingering sickness, coach removed all workouts from the schedule this week.

I just paid my final daycare payment, woo hoo!! Little man starts kindergarten in a few weeks and there's a cost for the before/after care but it's 1/3 the price that I've been paying. What will I do with all this $$$$, lol

KCRuns

What will I do with all this $$$$, lol

Let me consult my crystal ball... I believe I see new running shoes in your future!