Beginners and Beyond

Get Up Off That Thing, TUESDAILIES! (Read 259 times)

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREADCool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Ugh, my sleep kept being interrupted, so, I stayed in be longer this morning. Weights, abs, and cardio at the gym after work tonight.

runmomto3boys

Shooting for 12 tonight and I am hoping to throw in some MP miles for good measure.

My dang knee hurts has been sore since Sunday, taking another day off! Gonna spend it with my 18 year old son, going to St. Louis to return a couple Xmas gifts.

basya and rmtmb have a great day!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning!

Good luck with your workout tonight Basya!

Good luck with your run Heidi! Sounds like your knee is holding up well and you are on track to begin your marathon training next week, yay!!

Sparker- Enjoy your day off with your son!

AFM- Yesterday I had no knee pain during walking and stairs, so I'm putting the count at 1. Not sure how many days I am going to try for this time before trying to run again....but I may just take the week off (booooo) just to be safe. But I still want to keep track. Sooo...1 and counting!!! Just got back from my first excursion to my new gym! Did 25 minutes on the elliptical with a resistance of "1" and an incline of "1" and went really easy. Nothing like the elliptical workouts I used to do, but I wanted to make sure it didn't make the ITB issues worse. Then I did a hip and core routine and stretched.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

flarunner

Mornin' Kiddos!

5 miles easy this morning.

Have a great day y'all!

delicate flower

Whatcha say there, Rumpelstiltskin!  Headed back into the gym today with the doc's blessing.  I'm going to do some light upper body training.  I'm looking forward to that.  I've been slacking with it lately so now is a good chance to get back to it.

Up a little early today...it's going to be a two coffee day!  I'm glad the football game last night was a laugher and I felt no reservations about turning it off after the first quarter, thus I was not up late.

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Baboon- glad you get to have a little bit of activity today! I too was hoping for a great football game, but I won't lie I'm glad I got to go to bed early.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 8 miles with strides tonight.  Off to the doctor to get my allergy shot for the week.  Hoping no asthma attacks like last week (oh, and no arm completely swollen too would be a plus).

Basya, enjoy the weights, abs, and core.

RMTB, enjoy your 12 with MP miles tonight.

Sparker, hope the knee feels better soon.

kristin, better a week off than a longer downtime.  Hope the ITB feels better.

flarunner, nice 5.

Baboon, hope the weights go well.

Have a nice day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all. I have no idea whether I will workout today or not. I am going to try to get in to see my doctor - woke up again totally congested, unable to breathe through my nose at all, and with sinuses causing a headache that rates a 9 on a scale of 10. I have a feeling they'll say it's a viral infection, nothing they can do about it, go home and treat the symptoms, etc. But I'm going to at least try.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck stepbystep hope you feel better soon!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good morning, Dailies!

Baboon - how's that knee feeling today? I hope better. I'll keep track of things on your "knee" thread.

4 miles planned today, easy pace with a Moth finish. I'm convinced, with no evidence, that these fast sprints at the end of the run are helping me. But even if they're not, they're kind of fun!

Looks like Alabama took it to Notre Dame last night. I watched most of the game, but turned it off towards the end of the third quarter. It was pretty evident by the end of the first half what the outcome would be, and I really didn't need to stay up any later sipping beer! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

delicate flower

Baboon - how's that knee feeling today? I hope better. I'll keep track of things on your "knee" thread.

Thanks for asking...it feels better today, I'm happy to say.  Less pain, noticably less swelling, less limping.  It definitely feels like something is wrong in there though.  Enjoy your 4 miles today, Tom!

<3

B-Plus

Morning!  I have 8 miles with strides tonight.  Off to the doctor to get my allergy shot for the week.  Hoping no asthma attacks like last week (oh, and no arm completely swollen too would be a plus).

Well hello there! Did you say my name? Speaking of me, I'm heading out for a relaxing 3 miles now. Happy running everybody.

5 miles scheduled tonight. Moving up the ranks on Team Frostbite. Big grin