Beginners and Beyond

Get Up Off That Thing, TUESDAILIES! (Read 259 times)

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

For those running 10 mile races....I have one in June. How are you training? I was going to follow the Hal Higdon Novice 1 HM training plan. I figured it would make sense since the longest LR in that plan is 10 miles anyway.

That's pretty much what I would do if I were following a plan. Speed work once a week, the long run, etc.

I'm interested in seeing how it works out too, Heidi. :look:

In transit, arriving on time. 

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Dang, RMT3B, you're running circles around most runners. Big, fast circles! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

runmomto3boys

I'm interested in seeing how it works out too, Heidi. :look:

Big grin

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

Big grin

I'm glad you're feeling better.

In transit, arriving on time. 

runmomto3boys

I'm glad you're feeling better.

Thanks!

RMT3B, you are Bionic Woman.

Ab work is done. Now, I'm off to bed. I have a six-mile tempo run in the morning.

Chairman

10 mile? I think you could pace it between a 15K and a half, probably closer to a 15K. In fact, I'd probably try to run it at 15K pace with the understanding that it's only 7/10 of a mile longer. I mean, if you can cover 9.3, 10 isn't much more.

I'll be running one in June so I have a little time to ponder this strategy.

The best way to is to pace it like a 10 mile.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Better I Leave

13 miles done at 8:51 pace outside instead of the track with my new insoles (feel super funky).  No IT band issues still.  I think I'm over it.

Nice...**high fives RMT3B**

Man many of you guys really inspire me to push myself. I thank you for that. Smile

Better I Leave

PineGroveDave, I'm finding that intervals do help with that.

Thanks. I kinda had a "hunch" that it would. I'm new to this whole world, so I'm learning. Smile

8 total. 2 mile warm up, a set of 6x800's and then 1.75 easy

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Easy 3 today. On the way home, I picked up some running treats: some tech shirts, running socks, and another pair of shoes to rotate in.  Then, when I got home, I registered for my next three races!  Excited.