Beginners and Beyond

Back to MonDAILIES (Read 35 times)

Cyberic

It's a 7 days cycle, people! It is what it is!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  My hip is still angry at me for falling.  Anyway, 8 miles on the TM at work tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Run commute this morning. I can feel yesterday's effort quite clearly, but I have no aches or pains whatsoever. Just kinda heavy legs, but mostly in my chest, I can feel that I gave a good effort.

The more I think of it, the more I think yesterday's 1:30 is a fluke, and I should not think my fitness has decreased that much. After 3 consecutive HMs at 1:27, over 2 years+, and the way I feel, I don't believe my fitness has taken a drop that steep all of a sudden.

I really think I should start looking into what I eat. Maybe half a family size bag of chips the evening before a race does influence the next day's performance, even if you had pasta for supper. I'm almost 50, ffs 

bluerun

Super B****

10 on the AlterG

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I feel that after yesterday's 21 miles, I deserve an RD or 2........ not feeling too bad but I'm sure I'll be saying differently tomorrow.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I can feel yesterday's effort quite clearly

+1

Despite mine not being at half marathon effort. Whut?

LRB

I ran 8.

It sucked in every sense of the word. Then Garmin was so kind as to notify me afterwards that my training status is overreaching. Thanks. 

LRB

Run commute this morning. I can feel yesterday's effort quite clearly, but I have no aches or pains whatsoever. Just kinda heavy legs, but mostly in my chest, I can feel that I gave a good effort.

The more I think of it, the more I think yesterday's 1:30 is a fluke, and I should not think my fitness has decreased that much. After 3 consecutive HMs at 1:27, over 2 years+, and the way I feel, I don't believe my fitness has taken a drop that steep all of a sudden.

I really think I should start looking into what I eat. Maybe half a family size bag of chips the evening before a race does influence the next day's performance, even if you had pasta for supper. I'm almost 50, ffs 

Your fitness is fine. HMP is one of the most unpredictable paces of them all. Clearly, the conditions affected you more than you thought. Sure, you can clean up your diet, maybe. But the sooner you purge yesterday out of your mind, the better off you'll be. #anomaly

onemile

let's not forget that you ran 11.4 miles on the friday before your sunday half.

Cyberic

Your fitness is fine. HMP is one of the most unpredictable paces of them all. Clearly, the conditions affected you more than you thought. Sure, you can clean up your diet, maybe. But the sooner you purge yesterday out of your mind, the better off you'll be. #anomaly

Thanks. Yeah, that's pretty much it. But I will still try to at least take note of how I feel on a day's workout vs what I ate the day before, to see if there seems to be a correlation.

onemile

I ran 8.

It sucked in every sense of the word. Then Garmin was so kind as to notify me afterwards that my training status is overreaching. Thanks. 

my garmin gave me a nice boost after yesterday's run and I'm not gonna run today so I can keep the nice v02 number for a little longer  (not really)

Cyberic

let's not forget that you ran 11.4 miles on the friday before your sunday half.

Hmmm, you think that is a lot? I didn't feel like it was much at all. Just what I do, you know? I figure that by now, my body should be adjusted to that kind of running. But you're right that I did not focus on that race, at all. I just jumped in.

Yesterday I thought I was done with racing for the season, as I clearly needed to train, but right now I'm thinking maybe a well measured, not expensive, near my house, highly competitive, in October, 10K race might be interesting.

bluerun

Super B****

Hmmm, you think that is a lot? I didn't feel like it was much at all. Just what I do, you know? I figure that by now, my body should be adjusted to that kind of running. But you're right that I did not focus on that race, at all. I just jumped in.

Yesterday I thought I was done with racing for the season, as I clearly needed to train, but right now I'm thinking maybe a well measured, not expensive, near my house, highly competitive, in October, 10K race might be interesting.

Um, yes? (Though I'm super low mileage so maybe my opinion on this doesn't count.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Hmmm, you think that is a lot? 

Only for us mortals.

5 miles for me.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Holabird Sports deal of the day is they Ghost 11 for $84.95. Says they restocked them.