Beginners and Beyond

I'm new/back here. A re-introduction. (Read 340 times)

kitteh

Hi all. I don't usually do introduction threads when I start participating in forums, but since I was once a fairly active (is short lived) member over at RWOL I figured I'd re-introduce myself. You all probably won't remember me because I read much more than I posted, but I see a lot of familiar faces and it's great to see how much progress you're all making!

I stopped posting at RWOL due to the relentless spamgate issues, but I've really missed having this community of like-minded running folks so I went back to see how things were going, and found the forum looking pretty empty! Maybe it's just because I didn't recognize a lot of the screen names. So I was bummed until I found out that you'd all made the mass exodus over here, finally.

When I was posting at RWOL I was focusing on getting my 10k time down to something sub 49:00. I was also hoping to get my HM under 1:50, and was a part of the Sub 1:50 thread in the training forums. My last 10k in October was the one I was hanging my hopes of a PR on, as it was the anniversary of the first race I've ever run. Last year I ran it in 56:19 and I was really hoping for 48:XX this year, but was blindsided when my absolute best effort that day saw me crossing the finish line at 54:45. A full 5 minutes slower than my most recent previous 10k! I was really confused and discouraged until about a week and a half later, when I found out that I'm up the duff. So I guess that is a good enough excuse for a sub-optimal finish time, eh?

I thought about joining the other pregnant runners over at the women's forum, but I don't know any of them and was looking to see some familiar faces. So here I am! Running for two and "training" for my 2nd half marathon in about 5 weeks.

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

If you're running for two, does that mean you get to count your miles twice or you have to run twice as far?

Your username sounds familiar but I don't recognize your avatar. In any case welcome to your new running home. BTW I changed my avatar but I'm still the same ole wcrunner that posted on the RWOL BF.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

kitteh

I think running for two means I get to cut my finish time in half!

I recognize you wcrunner! Your advice helped me a lot back when I was posting at RW. I might have slipped through the cracks a bit because I didn't post nearly as much as I read. I'm trying to post a picture here, but can't seem to figure that out yet.

Does lilRunnerBoy still post here? I think he was the only one who noticed when I stopped posting, and he sent me a PM at the time encouraging me to come back, but the spam was just too much for me.

Running for two!

runmomto3boys

Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome back!!! 

Nevrgivup

Welcome back Kitteh!Smile

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Does lilRunnerBoy still post here? I think he was the only one who noticed when I stopped posting, and he sent me a PM at the time encouraging me to come back, but the spam was just too much for me.

He's here. I think his username is LRB. If you click on Reports you can see a list of everyone in the user group.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

kitteh

Thanks! It's nice to see familiar faces/usernames.

Running for two!

Coastal

I remember your username, too.  Welcome and congrats.  Just think, you have a new PR -- for running with two!

happylily

Hey, kitteh! I've missed you! Welcome back girlfriend. "Up the duff", I'm not familiar with that expression, but I take it it means you've been knocked up? (I know that one. Big grin) Huge congrats! That's wonderful! Stick around with the little one, please, we need pollination here. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Hi, kitteh!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SheCan

Congratulations on the exciting news, kitteh!   That's awesome.  So glad you found us!    VillageJen just recently announced her pregnancy, too.   Maybe we'll have to throw you two a virtual babyshower together.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

CrisRuns

Welcome back!

LRB

Supp.

tracilynn

I remember you bc you always ran with your cell phone as do I. Haha. Congrats on the bun!

~~~~~~~

Traci

kitteh

Ahaha, good memory tracilynn! I still do run with my cell! I'm planning to take it on my upcoming HM and take pictures along the way, since I won't be trying to beat any time records.

Damaris--you are one of the familiar faces that I was looking for when I went back to RWOL. I'm glad that you're here, and kicking asthma's butt. I'm so impressed with you.

happylily--is it silly that I'm so happy that you remember me? You were one of my favorite posters, and--at risk of sounding ridiculous and sappy--a sort of role model to me as a beginning runner. I'm glad you're here. Oh, and apparently "up the duff" is British slang for knocked up!

LRB-- sup

Nevrgiveup, Coastal, runmomto3boys, ChrisRuns-- all familiar faces/names. Thanks for the warm welcome.

SheCan--Thanks for the welcome and the congrats, and the news about VilliageJen. I'm glad that there's another pregnant runner here. Your idea about a virtual baby shower has me thinking of ridiculous babyshower games we could play. Baby jogger relays! Guess the Gu diaper game! (if you have never been to a baby shower before, many times they play this game where they partially melt a bunch of different candy bars in (clean) diapers and you have to closely inspect the mess and guess which candy bar it is) Sports drinks (spiked, of course) in baby bottles! The possibilities are endless!

Running for two!