Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES - Even Animals Want To Party Like Us (Read 227 times)

Morning, peeps!

I got 5.3 in today even though I had planned on at least a couple more.  More snow fell overnight and it was actively snowing on this run. Trudging through the unplowed stuff made for a tough run and I felt pretty wiped out after 5. Got some in though so I'm not gonna complain!

Nice treadmill run, Phil!

stupidlazydog, I can totally picture it. Mostly because I've done the same thing (and I can remember exactly where and the exact conditions.. Grand Targhee, WY. The most epic powder I've ever skied)  My buddies and I still refer to that as "the superman"... funny stuff. Hope your neck feels better.

Docket_Rocket

Nah, it happens.  Too much for me to be happy but I am not going to stop running.

Having said that, 5Ks pose the highest risk so I might just stop doing them altogether.  I already PRd in it so I am OK with letting them go.  They are too short anyway.Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

...They are too short anyway.Big grin

For a Bad Ass.  For everyone else they are too long!

@runjerseygirl

Yeah, you're right.  I should've invited the Tequila drinking cat!  Big grin

Tom, I'll take tomorrow off.

Kay, me appreciates the coffee.  Nice socks by the way!

April, it sure seems that way, doesn't it!

Boon, that's a 1:35:00 half marathon!  Shocked

SLD, enjoy your run.

D, sorry to hear about that.

Wassup everyone else!

Me, I'll be heading to the gym here soon for 4 easy on the treadmill.  First things first though; Kay's coffee....

Thanks, sugar. Wink I have about 8 more pair where they came from. Look for more sexy socks in the near future.

Glad I could get your day started right.  Now drink up and go run!

Do you even run?

LRB

Just saw these on a story on yahoo (link).  They're either the tallest heels ever, or the ugliest.

@runjerseygirl

Or both.  Those are horrifying!

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Shocked  Yuck.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Purple Toes

Morning All!

Rest day today, I plan to do some yoga later. But first I need to do some returns at the mall for my mom.  Ugh.

StepbyStep-SH

That was slow, but fun.  First 9 miles weren't much faster than 11:00 min/mile on the snow. Luckily things weren't slippery, though. Got to see a big full moon before the sun came up, and the last 3 miles with my friend were a lot faster. Overall of 12.77 miles at an average 10:34 pace.

Kay's coffee looks good!

The one thing that helps get my friend out the door to meet me for a run is that we finish up at the coffee shop. I had a latte with cinnamon and eggnog - YUM!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

runmomto3boys

Tom: Ohhh, a new 'puter???  Fun!  I hope your day at work goes well and that you get in some time to run.

LRB: Good morning!  Enjoy those 4 TM miles this AM.   Those heels?  :barf:  So fugly.

Damaris: I'm sorry about the rough race. Cry

Flarunner: Nice job pushing through that humidity/grossness to knock out 14 this AM!  Well done!!!!

April: I hope those 8 go well today.

SIAR: 17 trail miles today in the snow?  BEAST!  I can't wait to hear all about it!  Good luck!

Shari: I hope the 12 go well today!  Good luck!

Phil: That 9 miler last night was CRAZY fast!  Well done!  Enjoy your recovery miles.  You earned every single one!

Kay: What a great 5 miler!!!  WOOT!

Sparker: Nicely done on the fast miles.  I hope the 3 today go well!

Code: Nice work on the 5.3 in the snow!

Heading out later this AM; my IT band will dictate the distance. I'm hoping for > 10 again, but who knows.  The band is kind of sore from what all went on w/it yesterday, so we'll see!

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Morning!  Off to West Palm Beach.  I'm sleepy and I need coffee!

What's in PBI?  I'm headed to FLL in a few weeks to visit my grandmother (sans Phil Wink )

Hi guys!

I had a dream last night that for my run today, I walked the first two miles of my route before I remembered that I could run!  I was all aggravated that I'd been walking instead of running, lol.  Apparently I'm excited to run today.  Also, I realized when I woke up that the "two mile" point in my dream was actually 4.5 miles into my 7 mile route.

Planning to run later this afternoon and hoping  for the best!  Also, planning to sign up for this race later today.  Woohoo!  : )

Have a nice day, guys!

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

seeamyrun

Morning Dailies!

Headed out for 10 miles in a bit. Then, spending the day shopping and having dinner with DH.

Have a great one!

Docket_Rocket

I had a race there today.  Let me know when you get here and I can check some races for you if you want.  We are at the peak of racing season. You can run a marathon or half if you want to.

Although I'm sure you do not expect to race on vacation....Big grin

What's in PBI?  I'm headed to FLL in a few weeks to visit my grandmother (sans Phil Wink )

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Luke79

Sick.

Resting.

Sucks.