Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES - Even Animals Want To Party Like Us (Read 227 times)

@runjerseygirl

Sick.

Resting.

Sucks.

Does suck. Was there earlier this week. Feel better.

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Feel better, Luke.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Sending healing karma your way Luke!

MBC, funny stuff.  You two would make a good stand up show!

Hi Amy!

Good luck X!

Nice work Shari!

Code, you're braver than me!

Kristin, I had a similar dream a couple of weeks ago!  When I took off running, it was the greatest feeling ever!

Got in 4 at 8:59 average pace.  I finished it up with 1 minute side walks on the treadmill on each side, then 3 sets each of hip adductor/abductor on the machine.

I got some strange looks from the boys while on it, it was funny.  I'm a decent size though so no one said anything, not that that matters.  Still, I'm sure they were wondering what in the hell was I doing on that thing...because I sure as hell was!  Big grin

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Sending healing karma your way Luke!

MBC, funny stuff.  You two would make a good stand up show!

You should see our live act.

**Tip your waiters!

So I wanted to see how fast I could do a 5 k around my neighborhood today........ I've been runnin 5-6 miles at 11:30 the past couple of weeks my best 5k race was at 9:42. Went out a bit fast this morning and completely ran out of juice at 2.5 miles....... At a 10:19..........think ill just sick with slow and steady for a while longer.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Docket_Rocket

LOL.

You should see our live act.

**Tip your waiters!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I had a race there today.  Let me know when you get here and I can check some races for you if you want.  We are at the peak of racing season. You can run a marathon or half if you want to.

Although I'm sure you do not expect to race on vacation....Big grin

....or with this stress fracture LOL

My cousin may be interested though.....  11th-14th.

Docket_Rocket

Oops, I must have forgotten.  Taking foot out of my mouth now!

I won't be here on that weekend because of Disney but what distance would she like?  There will be 10Ks and 5Ks that weekend. No half or full yet because the 27th is the ING Miami.  I assume you mean January?

....or with this stress fracture LOL

My cousin may be interested though.....  11th-14th.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Sick.

Resting.

Sucks.

Feel better!!

happylily

Those are some ugly shoes, if we can call them that...Surprised

Back from my LR. My weird coach is so intent on my running outside at least once a week that he drove me to and from the track which is in his town, 20 km away! (we only have one car and SO was using it today). Our track at our local high school here is always locked. So ridiculous... We had a snow storm on Thursday and the sidewalks have not been cleared yet. But the track was nice and dry and it was really mild today. 20.12 miles at 7:59 pace. I miscalculated something, it seems. Felt really great to be outside again. Maybe I'll do that more often.

Now time for a shower and off to my BIL's house for more Holiday partying!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

@runjerseygirl

So I read the article about the shoes, and it seems like they were designed as a statement to the impossible fashion standards these days.  If that's the case, I can understand the absurdity of the shoes.

Do you even run?

LRB

...We had a snow storm on Thursday and the sidewalks have not been cleared yet. But the track was nice and dry and it was really mild today. 20.12 miles at 7:59 pace. I miscalculated something, it seems. Felt really great to be outside again. Maybe I'll do that more often.

Wait, you ran 80 laps around a track?  Oh.  My.  God!

happylily

Wait, you ran 80 laps around a track?  Oh.  My.  God!

I ran 22 miles on a TM last Sunday, without stopping once, and with no TV. The track today was nothing for my crazy mind. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

@runjerseygirl

I ran 22 miles on a TM last Sunday, without stopping once, and with no TV. The track today was nothing for my crazy mind. Big grin

Shocked If I have to loop around twice just to get my miles in, I get bored.  You're amazing, Lily!  I could never do it.

Do you even run?

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Reporting back from my run...no falls, and I'm in one piece, so a total success!  The route ended up being right at 16 miles, and covered 1,816 ft. of elevation gain.  Surprisingly, the pack up front that I was running with ran a 10:20 pace.  For most of the run, the snow was up above our ankles, so that was really fast.  It also snowed steadily the whole run, which made everything really pretty.  We crossed over 6 streams that you just had to run right through too.  Crazy stuff!  Plus, runners all brought food that was sent to support a group home for wounded warriors - very nice.

We did stop at the 3 waterfalls along the way (it's called the Waterfall Run) and took some group pictures too.  I'd say I ran with a group that ranged from 10-20 runners, but overall there were about 200 people.  We even ran across the bottom of a ski resort at one point - pretty funny stuff.  My favorite part was at the end of the run, just stripping down to my compression shorts and sitting in the snow for 15 minutes to recover.  I was shivering like crazy, but tolerated it pretty well for me.  Considering that my groin felt a little tweaky on the run but feels totally fine now, I'd say it was worth it.

Lily....Whoa, girl!  That's nutty stuff.  Did you switch up the directions?

Kay...Thanks for sharing what the article was about - I was too lazy to read it.  I get it now, but I hope that social commentary remains a statement for very few women!  Ow.

LRB...nice work on the run.  I'm with ya...let 'em stare, so long as you're getting better or healthier.

Sparker...tough time of year to really lay the hammer down.  Good job sticking with it though.

Docket...Would you race a little less if you dropped 5ks, given the added recovery time from longer races?  Not you, right?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn