Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES - Even Animals Want To Party Like Us (Read 227 times)

B-Plus

Great run SIAR! I also did a trail run, but it was a non-technical trail with only about 300ft of elevation gain.

This pic is for April:

It's what my family seems to think a vegetable is anyway.

Ok, so I hit 14.7 miles @ 8:13, with about 8.5 on trails. I flew down a pretty wicked downhill twice, so I'm feeling a bit beat up. I'm also at a weekly mileage PR, with one day to go.

Have a lovely afternoon everyone.

Docket_Rocket

LOL.  It reminds me of my father.  Last visit, he wanted to cook for me and he didn't know what to cook.  Do you eat potatoes?  Well, I think they qualify as vegetable-ish.  Do you eat tomatoes?  LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hahaha, that's funny. My herbivoreishness has been going well. Husband is smoking a ham tomorrow and he seems to have accepted the fact that I won't eat any. This makes me happy. Smile

Shakedown Street

8 miles easy (outside, freaking cold and dry), last 15 min moderate uphill. Felt good.

Tomorrow more of the same. Might get on the bike trainer as well!

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Docket_Rocket

Today I discovered that the vegetarian fajitas at my favorite Mexican place are cooked with chicken broth based liquid.  I think I chewed his head off about it (they know me for 8 years and I'm a VIP customer).  I expect no more chicken broth on an advertised vegetarian dish.

Hahaha, that's funny. My herbivoreishness has been going well. Husband is smoking a ham tomorrow and he seems to have accepted the fact that I won't eat any. This makes me happy. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Today I discovered that the vegetarian fajitas at my favorite Mexican place are cooked with chicken broth based liquid.  I think I chewed his head off about it (they know me for 8 years and I'm a VIP customer).  I expect no more chicken broth on an advertised vegetarian dish.

That's bizarre!  God bless 'em for trying though.  They do make vegetable broth as I'm sure you probably pointed out.

Docket_Rocket

Several times....

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And since the rice also has chicken stock, I"m going to stick to the quesadillas from now on....

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Well, I am feeling sorry for myself this afternoon.  My run did not go as hoped.  I got about 0.4 down the road when my leg started up.  I went a little further, then decided not to be stupid, and turned around and headed home.  I was so mad, I kept trying to run, then had to stop and walk.  Somehow my DH knows when I really am upset (as opposed to just complain-y and outrage-y and then he just smiles and nods) and gave me a hug when I got home, which made me cry.  I was really hoping this would be better today.  My plan for the winter had been to build miles and be in crazy great shape come spring, not be housebound, fat, and losing fitness all winter.  I was feeling all optimistic this morning and was ready to register for a March HM that I'm excited to do, now I'm not so sure.

Sorry to be so whiny.  I know in the big picture it's really not that big of a deal...  I'm just having a hard time not focusing on the small picture.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Docket_Rocket

Have you gone to a doctor?  I don't recall if you have a diagnosis or not.  If not, go and check the leg out.  Sorry.  Hugs.

Well, I am feeling sorry for myself this afternoon.  My run did not go as hoped.  I got about 0.4 down the road when my leg started up.  I went a little further, then decided not to be stupid, and turned around and headed home.  I was so mad, I kept trying to run, then had to stop and walk.  Somehow my DH knows when I really am upset (as opposed to just complain-y and outrage-y and then he just smiles and nods) and gave me a hug when I got home, which made me cry.  I was really hoping this would be better today.  My plan for the winter had been to build miles and be in crazy great shape come spring, not be housebound, fat, and losing fitness all winter.  I was feeling all optimistic this morning and was ready to register for a March HM that I'm excited to do, now I'm not so sure.

Sorry to be so whiny.  I know in the big picture it's really not that big of a deal...  I'm just having a hard time not focusing on the small picture.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Have you gone to a doctor?  I don't recall if you have a diagnosis or not.  If not, go and check the leg out.  Sorry.  Hugs.

Thanks.  I've seen my brother-in-law who is a PT.  He seems to believe it's a pretty classic case of ITBS.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

delicate flower

Sorry, Kristin.  Sad

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Mother Nature still has not made up her freakin' mind about the weather here.  Woke up this morning to 32 degree weather, BRRR!  Got to Randolph Air Force Base around 10 a.m., it had WARMED Roll eyes  all the way up to 41 degrees by then.  Ended up doing 4.3 miles in 43:57, averaging 10:53 per mile, which surprised me, I thought I was going quite a bit slower than that.

Now I'm home "hibernating" in this chilly weather, watching Bowl games.  Oh well, at least I did get outside and do something today.  I'm hoping WVA will pull it out against Syracuse, and hoping later tonite that the Longhorns will be able to overcome Oregon (doubtful the way Texas has been playing this year).  It was a miracle my VA Tech Hokies won in overtime yesterday in overtime the way their offense was playing, sheesh.

Tomorrow we are supposed to get major rain.  I usually run on Sunday and don't mind running in the rain, but it is supposed to be cold tomorrow too and running in CHILLY rain sucks.  So I may just make tomorrow a rest day.  I think I will more than make up for that rest day with my schedule for New Year's Day:

12 a.m. - New Year's Midnite Run 5K at Fort Sam Houston

8 a.m. - Resolution Run 5K at Randolph Air Force Base

10 a.m.  Cobweb Chaser 5K at McAllister Park San Antonio

Three 5Ks in 10 hours should make up for an unscheduled rest day, right? Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Thanks.  I've seen my brother-in-law who is a PT.  He seems to believe it's a pretty classic case of ITBS.

Sucks.

LRB

Almost all of us who have had it have walked home from a run.  Your job now is to figure out what is causing it be it running on cambered streets or roads, high arches, overpronation, or weak hips (usually the cause).

Usually, we are our best detectives because we know exactly where the road tilts when we run, or if we stand on the sloped sides of the bathtub, or one of a dozen other things that can be the root cause.

Now get to work!  (link)  (link)  (link)