Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES - Even Animals Want To Party Like Us (Read 227 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

IB2P!

I don't know what that means, but when I got to the 2P part, I had to go pee...darn "old man prostate"!  Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Quote from Docket_Rocket on 12/29/2012 at 8:01 AM:

...They are too short anyway.Big grin

For a Bad Ass.  For everyone else they are too long!

For me, they are just right, lol.  Of course, unlike most people, I don't actually RACE them.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Just saw these on a story on yahoo (link).  They're either the tallest heels ever, or the ugliest.

LRB, I think we should get a pair of those for  Damaris and have her do a "Challenge 5K" running in those! Big grin  I bet her time would still be faster than mine, lol.

Docket_Rocket

Say what? Angry

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope you feel better, Luke!

Dang, Lily, 22 miles on a treadmill!  You have the patience of a saint!

Congrats on your 1,000 April!

Hi dailies:

Yes, I'm alive.  Super busy moving into the house and we don't have internet access there yet.  I have already found a few nice routes to run -- lots of rural roads with very little traffic.  It has been dark, cold, and snowy, but tranquil.

4.8 Thurs, 10.3 yesterday, both near 8:00 pace, just exploring and trying not to kill myself in the snow.

See you all soon, hopefully.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, it IS a big deal for you, and that's what matters.  I know I'd feel the same way you do if that was happening to me.  Sucks.  So sorry.  Hope you get this all figured out and find something that gets you back to 100%!   I'm sure most of us have been injured or down-for-the-count at sometime or other during our running lives (I've had to come back from 4 knee surgeries), so we can all relate.  If you can't whine a little here, where can you?  Please feel free to vent any time.  ((((Kristin)))

Well, I am feeling sorry for myself this afternoon.  My run did not go as hoped.  I got about 0.4 down the road when my leg started up.  I went a little further, then decided not to be stupid, and turned around and headed home.  I was so mad, I kept trying to run, then had to stop and walk.  Somehow my DH knows when I really am upset (as opposed to just complain-y and outrage-y and then he just smiles and nods) and gave me a hug when I got home, which made me cry.  I was really hoping this would be better today.  My plan for the winter had been to build miles and be in crazy great shape come spring, not be housebound, fat, and losing fitness all winter.  I was feeling all optimistic this morning and was ready to register for a March HM that I'm excited to do, now I'm not so sure.

Sorry to be so whiny.  I know in the big picture it's really not that big of a deal...  I'm just having a hard time not focusing on the small picture.

Zelanie

Hello dailies!  Got my 6 in at a 9:25 pace, which is usually faster than what feels easy but not today!  So I'm happy with that.

Luke79

Thanks for the well-wishes guys.  I imagine being able to go for an easy run on Monday.  Be good.

Just B.S.

Luke, feel better soon. My Luke was sick most of Christmas. Bummer for him but it kept him home with us

more than normal during his visit. Cool

Kristen, sorry about the ITBS.

Lily, you are a maniac!LOL

Little late checking in for the day! Ran 12 this morning with hubby then home to shower and then out for the rest of the day.

Ran 7.5 yesterday post storm. Apparently there was very little going on around town as the local photographer

was out looking for someone doing something active in the freezing cold and I was the only thing going!LOL

My 2 seconds of fame.

Apparently 8 or so more inches coming tomorrow.

Docket_Rocket

You run alongside traffic?  Angry

Congrats on making the paper!

The first time I made the papers I was making fun of the reporter.  And then she quoted me, name and all.  I sounded like an idiot.  Oh, to be young and stupid again....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

You run alongside traffic?  Angry

Congrats on making the paper!

The first time I made the papers I was making fun of the reporter.  And then she quoted me, name and all.  I sounded like an idiot.  Oh, to be young and stupid again....

I had jumped down off the sidewalk to avoid running thru the slushy snowbank that you cannot see

in the photo . When you live here you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. I did not want 6 more

miles with freezing/wet feet.

Docket_Rocket

I understand.  They caught you at an awkward moment.  I love that snow.  I've never run in snow ever.  In fact, I've never felt fresh snow (just seen it from the Philly airport).  Sigh.

I had jumped down off the sidewalk to avoid running thru the slushy snowbank that you cannot see

in the photo . When you live here you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. I did not want 6 more

miles with freezing wet feet.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

miles with freezing/wet feet.

Yeah, when I lived in Dayton, Ohio, it was the same way in winter in some areas.  Definitely do not miss those days!

Just B.S.

Yeah, when I lived in Dayton, Ohio, it was the same way in winter in some areas.  Definitely do not miss those days!

The sidewalks today were very icy and with frozen slush in the shape of footprints. Very hard to run on.

I run on the road all the time but normally facing traffic. That photo actually shows one of the rare sidewalks

on my routes. Mostly it's only a small shoulder of gravel.

We had more snow than that last week sometime, without power for 6 hours. Then it rained. Then it snowed

again. Tomorrow it will snow more. Then probably rain. Then most of January/Feb it will be too cold to rain and

the snow will start building up. Then in March I will be crying every time it snows.