Beginners and Beyond

Hernia Hill Half RR -- It was a hot one! (Read 60 times)

LRB

The free wine almost makes it worth it. Almost. Although beer is a better post-race drink. 

Yeah I am not sure I could drink wine coming in from the heat and off a run like that.  Beer on the other hand I would drink like it was going out of style!

outoftheblue

They also had tubs of beer on ice after the race, along with pizza.  The sad thing was, I was so parched from the heat, all I wanted was water.

Life is good.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats for the AG win.

LRB

They also had tubs of beer on ice after the race, along with pizza.  The sad thing was, I was so parched from the heat, all I wanted was water.

I am starting to lose count of the events I have run but out of the dozen or so times that beer was offered I only indulged a few times.  The one that stands out was after a 5k on New Years Eve.  It was like a 4:00 pm race and I got a pretty good buzz going that day!

Docket_Rocket

Hey, OOTB, sounds like training is going well enough for SF?  One can only hope?  Hubby and me are in Wave 6.  You?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

outoftheblue

Hey, OOTB, sounds like training is going well enough for SF?  One can only hope?  Hubby and me are in Wave 6.  You?

I'm planning on going and I'm also in wave 6!  I hope we can meet up this time.

Life is good.

Zelanie

That sounds like a super challenging course!  I am glad you knew what to expect and could count on testing yourself compared to previous times on the course to show how much stronger you've been getting this year!

delicate flower

Nice job on the race, ootb!  Hills plus heat are not a fun combination.  At.All.  Been there, done that, and in a HM on a 90 degree day.  On days like that, just finishing the race becomes the goal.  Having to run uphill on a gravel road must have really sucked.

It is funny how RD's get so excited about tough conditions on a tough course.  Big grin

<3

Docket_Rocket

I'm planning on going and I'm also in wave 6!  I hope we can meet up this time.

Awesome!  chances are that we will (unless we're late like my husband tends to be).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page