Beginners and Beyond

getting old workouts to Running Ahead (Read 409 times)

not lazy, just tired

Eric said it was experimental, so doesn't show up yet on that drop down menu on the training data import page.

Not if it makes sense.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Jeesh... I still don't see how you guys did that.

an amazing likeness

Jack - what's happening is that the "migrate" tools are not openly displayed as they are experimental at this time.

Try this.

Go to your RunningAhead training log.

Click on Tools on the left hand menu

In the address bar of your browser, add "/migrate" to the end of URL that is there.

[When you add the /migrate, it will make the url look like https://www.runningahead.com/logs/xxx/tools/migrate ] 

This will get you to the page to migrate in your Garmin Connect data set.

Good luck. If you're still stuck, post up in the "office hours" thread at the top of your group here and Eric will be by to help.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

MilkTruck: That did it!! It was the "/migrate" you told me to add. That did it for me. It's funny how giddy I get for such little things.  Thanks for the help. Computer illiterate people like me appreciate it! Big grin

Jack, glad you got it figured out.

James, I didn't mean to copy word for word your import instructions.  I didn't see your post when I wrote mine.  I swear, it wasn't a copy paste job.  Smile

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

After a bit of trial and error, I got my Garmin data in.  The question that I do have is about the courses.  None of the courses associated with my w/o's imported from my watch.  Is there something that I need to check, uncheck, etc?

James, thanks for the comment about Mapmyrun.  I have lots of w/o's loaded in there, and never could find an export option. Oh well...not going to start manually adding them.

TakeAHike

So, I too have imported from Garmin Connect.  The import worked quite well, but now I'd like to start tagging runs into standard categories, such as easy, long, tempo, etc.  Since most of my runs are easy, it would save time if I could turn all the defaults in to easy and then change the others one by one.  Is there anyway to quickly convert all the "default" runs to easy?

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

runfoolery

now that's a question i'd put in the sticky Eric made in this user group of ours!

TakeAHike

Good point.  I will do that.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

So, I too have imported from Garmin Connect.  The import worked quite well, but now I'd like to start tagging runs into standard categories, such as easy, long, tempo, etc.  Since most of my runs are easy, it would save time if I could turn all the defaults in to easy and then change the others one by one.  Is there anyway to quickly convert all the "default" runs to easy?

For 'future' runs...I went to

Options > Manage My Activities > Edit Activity     then clicked on 'RUN' and edited as necessary (in my case, default distance is in miles, and I checked the 'RUN' is what most of my w/o's consist of.  As far as imported w/o's, I am guessing that will have to be done manually.

Misty

How did you guys import from Endmondo?? It's not one of he importing options.

Misty

Bless your heart.