Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins are sleeping in! (Read 42 times)

Dad on the run.

Hope'sMom - I hate driving though, not a really big music person either so its kinda a lose lose for me. But the pay is good enough that it keeps me there until I can find something more promising. The job was a no go, kinda figured it was going to be, but a guy can hope I suppose...

Mitch - You still running the Rumpshaker in March? I think I can handle a 5k...

AFM - Got up and actually got a run in this morning. Was cold and foggy and then half way through it got all sunny and warm, very strange indeed. The run was nice though and I took both of the boys (my dogs) and they seemed to have really enjoyed it as well. Brody being the lazy one decided a 5k about did him in and this is how he spent the rest of his morning.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Kristin - It's just typical work travel.  I'm everywhere :-)

Jblack - That's one content puppy.  Man, dogs love running.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

GinnyinPA

URD for me.  My husband wanted to go for a short hike, so we decided to check out someplace new that I had heard about as a good place for trail running.  There was about an inch of powdery snow on the ground, and the trail was a lovely ski trail/forest road through the woods.  I think it will be great for trail running, since it has some moderate climbs and fairly smooth trail.  The sun even came out for a few minutes, so it was a good day.  I'll run tomorrow.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Although it was nice out, the bike path is still snow covered, so we ran 6 easy miles at Glenview Park Center (the upscale track).  We are soooo spoiled.   First run with the new Ravenna 3's.  Seem okay so far, but need some breaking in.  Now i have to get Runningwarehouse to credit me $20 for the sale price.  If they don't, I'll just return them in 90 days used.

Decided to take tomorrow off so it will be a 4 day weekend.  Hopefully get in a movie or two between running and sleeping.

Tomorrow is 2 months to  race day !!!!  Getting excited.

Jimmy, love your puppy.

hog4life

I finally made it back home from my "training" trip. I will be so glad to sleep in my own bed, I think I've slept like 5-6 hours the whole time I've been gone(awood, dont see how ya do it). We got to suit up for some Hazmat drills, full protection chemical suit, SCBA and then do some mock drills, like changing a gasket on some pipes. Then we did an extraction drill using ropes and a tri pod to lift the patient from a manhole. And the last part was more rope work which included rappelling from a 65 feet building, and building a system that would be used like in a swift water rescue, it's called a high line. I managed 2 solid runs of 4.4 and 6.02, then attempted a third on a hotel TM, that had to be the most unstable and rickety TM I've ever seen. It was so bad, that I stopped after .5 miles bc I thought it was going to fall apart and I would fall and get hurt.

Zelanie, congrats on the 12 miler! How high will your plan take you?

Jimmy, yes I still want to do the Rumpshaker, but haven't regesitered yet. Take your time building back up, you know you both can cover the distance, you've done it before. I'll let you know when/if I get registered.

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Hi Pengs!

Just checking in to see how you  guys are doing.  I've been hardly running but I am so glad to see that everyone is doing well!!  I'll do three on the TM tonight.

Have a great night, everyone!

Liz

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!!

Didn't get my lake run in yesterday, used the good weather to work on the truck instead.  But the weather was nice again today, so did 12.1 miles at the lake. Smile

Awood, post up the link for voting again and we'll add some more votes for you, I missed it before.  Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I finally made it back home from my "training" trip. I will be so glad to sleep in my own bed, I think I've slept like 5-6 hours the whole time I've been gone(awood, dont see how ya do it). We got to suit up for some Hazmat drills, full protection chemical suit, SCBA and then do some mock drills, like changing a gasket on some pipes. Then we did an extraction drill using ropes and a tri pod to lift the patient from a manhole. And the last part was more rope work which included rappelling from a 65 feet building, and building a system that would be used like in a swift water rescue, it's called a high line. I managed 2 solid runs of 4.4 and 6.02, then attempted a third on a hotel TM, that had to be the most unstable and rickety TM I've ever seen. It was so bad, that I stopped after .5 miles bc I thought it was going to fall apart and I would fall and get hurt.

Zelanie, congrats on the 12 miler! How high will your plan take you?

Jimmy, yes I still want to do the Rumpshaker, but haven't regesitered yet. Take your time building back up, you know you both can cover the distance, you've done it before. I'll let you know when/if I get registered.

Yeah...hotel TM's are usually not very good.  The beds are worse.  The best is when someone on your floor keeps you up all night stomping and slamming doors.  I tend to return the favor by getting up really early and doing the same thing back to them.  It's good be home though.  I'll be in Saginaw tomorrow though.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Dave - Here you go!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=183548415102786&set=a.183548405102787.6694.183498611774433&type=3&theater

HeyDoc - Is it just the winter months, or is your schedule a permanent mess now?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi Liz   Wink

Jerry

Hi Pengs!

Just checking in to see how you  guys are doing.  I've been hardly running but I am so glad to see that everyone is doing well!!  I'll do three on the TM tonight.

Have a great night, everyone!

Liz

Zelanie

Hey, Liz, good to see you!

Mitch- Sounds like a workout just going to the trainings that you did this week!  My plan goes up to 15 once, but I am running about a mile less than the LR in the book, so I'll likely top out at 14.

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks Awood, DW and I just put you back in the lead! Smile  Also shared it, so hopefully you'll get some more votes from my friends.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Dad on the run.

Voted for you awood!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

You guys rock!  I'm really hoping to win this for Pewpewpew!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, Awood!

did only 6 miles with 8 X 100m.  Too much asthma today, bah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page