Beginners and Beyond

THURSdaylies: Someone is slacking. (Read 39 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I jogged 12 slow miles on a beautiful morning.  I mowed a couple of hours yesterday, and my legs were feeling it this morning.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

From the Internet.

Morning!

Thank the sweet baby jeebus tonight is my last night at my part-time job! I loved working there and adored all my kids but man, I'm going to enjoy having free time again!!

8 miles this morning with 3x1600 at the track, 400 jog recoveries. I wore long sleeves and it was great.

Mr MattM

3 morning miles.  No idea what I'll run later, but I'll run later.

be curious; not judgmental

delicate flower

Hello friends!  I did a rare weekday early morning bike ride this morning.  18 miles at 17.4 mph, which is slow for me.  I was supposed to do 7 x 5 minute hard intervals, but with last night's hard tempo run still fresh in my legs, my legs were all "LOLOL NO!"  It was also very windy, which didn't help.  It was very nice though to ride on nearly empty roads, unlike my usual rides during the evening rush hour.

<3

Cyberic

No idea what I'll run later, but I'll run later.

Not decided if I'll run my MP miles today, as prescribed by the Hansons, or tomorrow. But I'll run.

LRB

I wore long sleeves and it was great.

I wore a singlet, and at 49 degrees, it was quite nipply for the first five to ten minutes of my run. Then at some point, I completely forgot it was chilly and didn't think about it again until I saw your post!

LRB

I ran 7. It was really a pleasant run.

From the Internet.

I wore a singlet, and at 49 degrees, it was quite nipply for the first five to ten minutes of my run. Then at some point, I completely forgot it was chilly and didn't think about it again until I saw your post!

Started out at 49 here too. I was on the fence about singlet or no before I went out and then figured that wearing long sleeves when I normally wouldn't might be sort of like continuing to heat adapt. I actually didn't even get hot, so that was surprising!

From the Internet.

Unexpected marathon training benefit: I'm actually staying hydrated for once in my damn life! All water all the time, yo!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No run this morning, didn't really have a choice as my son woke up right at 5 AM and has been up since.

Plus, I've logged 20.4 miles already and it's only Thursday, I don't want to take a huge bite out of the first week of training and end up injuring myself. I've got 4-5 miles planned this afternoon/evening, then I am not sure about tomorrow as I want to get my LR in Saturday around 12 miles and then a 7-8 miler on Sunday.

That alone would give me 44-45 miles for the week which is right where I'd like to start this training cycle, I think that would be alright, especially as 95% of these runs are going to be at easy pace.

This morning it's upper body strengthening and core/abdominal strengthening.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run/walk on the San Antonio Riverwalk yesterday and then chatting after with some of my  Team RWB veterans and enjoying a cold brew. 3.5 miles done. This morning got up at 5:30 a.m. and out to UTSA to get in a morning run since I have an event tonite after work. 3.2 miles done this a.m. Between the beer I had last night and not drinking quite enough water this morning before the run - although I did drink a lot of water last night when I got home, while watching those darn Golden Warriors lose to the #@!!! Cavs - I think I got a tad dehydrated on the morning run, had a tad of blood in the urine after I finished. No worries, not feeling dizzy or anything like that, and I've had this in the past, so know what to do. Got into a very cool area - thank goodness at UTSA the majority of the buildings really crank up the AC - got some water in me immediately after I finished and now at my desk drinking some gatorade too to help with the electrolytes; it's all good, this too shall pass.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Currently enjoying a nice 27 day stretch of not using the treadmill.  Even happier that my last five tempo runs have been outside instead of on the hamster wheel.  I do think the TM is a good for doing tempo runs, but my race results are better when my tempo runs are done outside.

<3

LRB

Currently enjoying a nice 27 day stretch of not using the treadmill.  Even happier that my last five tempo runs have been outside instead of on the hamster wheel.  I do think the TM is a good for doing tempo runs, but my race results are better when my tempo runs are done outside.

I have no idea when my last treadmill run was, I would guess sometime in March or February.

LRB

And now that I've said that, watch me have to run on it soon.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 11 with a 10K time trial in between.  TM because it's almost 100F and FTS.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page