Beginners and Beyond

My, Oh My, MonDAILIES (Read 69 times)

StepbyStep-SH

SmileWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Smile

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners. We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Clicked on the meltdown thread and got an eyeful this morning - Shocked.

So, now that I'm awake, guess it's time to officially start my 12-week training program for the Marquette Marathon (Pfitz 12/55). Today calls for 8 miles easy plus strides.

I'll follow it up with a nature hike with DS at a local wildlife refuge so he can take pictures for a 4-H poster.

Have a great day, B&B!

flarunner

Mornin' daily peeps!

Did 8 miles this morning and felt pretty good doing it.

Have a great day and a great week everyone!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  After my all star week, I am going to rest today.  My last rest day was last Tuesday and I've run more than 100 miles since then, oops.

Shari, yay at Pfitz.  Enjoy.

flarunner, nice 8.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Damaris that is a lot of miles!!

SRD for me. After today I am finally going to try to start sticking to my Running Wizard training plan that was supposed to start 2 weeks ago. It is a 20 week training plan for my October half marathon.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

Happy Monday!  My allergies are going freakin bonkers the last couple of days and I don't know why.  I'm usually a fall allergy person.  WTF is going on???

My knee feels fine after yesterday's 5K, so I am thrilled about that.  I was a little anxious to see how I'd feel this morning.  The rest of my legs though...ugh.  Not used to that level of exertion!

Today looks like a leg workout and easy spin session.  I was really looking forward to getting outside for a bike ride, but heavy rain is in the forecast.  I really need to get training for my duathlon in five weeks.  That said, my 5K yesterday was a good training session.  Smile

I am in a good mood this morning, sneezing aside.

<3

LRB

Supp!

I got nothing.

As you were.  ; )

Happy Monday all!

Step, you want some bleach for those eyes? Have a good Pfitz kickoff.

Fla, I guess you are why they call this forum boring - you just go out & run every single morning before anyone else is even awake. Where's the excitement? Wink

Docket, rest well.

Kristin, ditto.

Baboon, bet you are glad to be enjoying that old DOMS feeling again.

SRD for me. Definitely feeling some day-after soreness, but nothing too bad.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

Great run to start the training plan - I finally had an easy run that was back under the 10:00 min/mile benchmark. Hamstrings are bit tender from strength training yesterday, but I actually seem to run better when that's the case.

Damaris - You earned that rest!

Fla - Your consistency is inspiring.
                    Kristin - Good luck kicking off the training plan.
                    Babboon - Congrats on the race! The legs will come around quickly.

LRB - Coffee?
                    Dave - Great job on your stealth marathon! PR!

BruceD555

StepbyStep-SH- Good morning and thanks for kicking things off today. Enjoy your kickoff 8 miles with Pfitz today and the nature walk with your DS.

flarunner- Nice 8 already and enjoy the remainder of your day ... may it be without tropical storms.

Docket_Rocket- Enjoy that well-deserved rest day today.

kristin10185- Enjoy your SRD and good luck with the kick-off into HM training.

Baboon- I hate allergies! I never used to have any problems but it seems the older I get the worse I'm affected by them. Nice work on the 5k yesterday and you must be so encouraged by the happy knee.

LRB- Nothin? Really?

DaveP MI- Hope the soreness fades quickly...try to get in a good walk sometime today if you're able - it'll do wonders to help recovery.

Sorry I've been away but this past week was a particularly busy one with work and extra running. We had about a gazillion high-school graduation parties to attend this weekend and yesterday was also my DD's 15th birthday AND my DW & my 23rd anniversary. Needless to say, it was a very busy but fun weekend. Today I will probably do just an easy few miles over lunch as I'm tapering toward Grandma's.

Train smart ... race smarter.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

SRD today. I'm a little sore from my 18-miler yesterday. Hamstrings are tight - I might do some hip/leg yoga after work.

Will run for scenery.

So today I can definitely feel a little something from yesterday's race.  All good, absolutely nothing in the knees.  Looking forward to an easy recovery run tonight.

My official results finally got posted.  The chip timing sensor missed my start (which was 2 minutes late) so they used gun time.  With the correct time I actually came out in the top half of men's overall.  First time ever !

Step - Wow !  My alarm clock would so be in a million widely scattered pieces.  You morning people just amaze me.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Zentastic

Chasing Rainbows

Damaris - over 100 miles in 5 days?  You're an animal!

Ran 6K at my normal pace today.  The temperature was a brisk 1C so I had to bundle up.

Last night a LRS held a special sale night for members of my running club.  I won a door prize which was my choice of New Balance shoes and I chose a pair of NB 1080's to add to my growing collection.  Sweet!  Big grin

The obstacle is the path. - Zen proverb

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  I am going to rest the knee today in the hopes of being able to have a good run tomorrow.

Hope you guys have a great Monday!

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Monday Sad  Boo