Beginners and Beyond

My, Oh My, MonDAILIES (Read 69 times)

LRB

For anyone reading this who puts up a 2+hr half marathon and might not post about it because of what some said in the other thread, I want you to know that *I* will read your race report and *I* will be happy for you getting it done!

Everyone knows I will read it, I read them all...or try my very best to anyway.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Y'all have any suggestions for my troll moniker?

B-minus!

I swear I didn't sabotage my post. Neither you nor DaveP could quote it!

I'm glad you had a good time on your mini vacation. Thanks for eating cheesecake for my birthday. Big grin On Friday I had a slice of Chris's Outrageous, including but not limited to chocolate chips, coconut, brownie AND cake, and coconut-pecan topping.

Good day, everyone!

Shari, thank you for starting today's thread. I hope that your first day if marathon training goes well.

flarunner, excellent eight-miler.

Damaris, enjoy your well-earned rest day.

kristin10185, good luck with HM training.

Phil, I hope that your allergy troubles decrease and that you have wonderful workouts.

DaveP MI, have a refreshing and relaxing SRD.

Shari, I'm happy that training is off to a good start.

BruceD555, have a great easy run.

AprilRunner, enjoy your well-earned SRD.

jjs22, have a pleasant recovery run. Congratulations on your time!

Zentastic, sweet 6K. Awesome door prize!

Zelanie, feel well.

MBC, Monday BOOx2.

Marjorie, enjoy your rest day.

B-Plus, fantastic fifteen-miler.

lilac_jive, boo the lousy weather.

Sarah, good luck with PT.

scottydawg, feel well soon.

Oski, for which trail race did you register?

SIAR, sweet 7.77.

Tom, I hope that tomorrow's run goes well.

Scott, excellent progress. May it continue.

Today was almost a rest day. I did ab work an push-ups. The plan for tomorrow is to run in the morning and do weights, push-ups, ab work, and cardio after work.

Docket_Rocket

I didn't know people could confess their lurking there. Enjoy!

April, I tried to quote your post but I couldn't for whatever reason.

Holy wow! That must be a mileage PR for you. I just want you to know that I had cheesecake factory on Saturday, and if you feel like it, we can pretend my slice of the raspberry chocolate truffle was in honor of your birthday.

In addition to having a great time away with friends, I picked up my fall marathon shoes, 3 pairs of running socks, 2 running tops, and a box of gu. I tried on the lunaracers at the Nike outlet, and damn, do they ever feel amazing! It was tempting at $60, but I didn't want to take the chance because I think I still need a touch of stability. The Mariners lost yesterday, but I still had fun at the ballpark. Oh, and to top it all off, I had cherry coke so that makes the entire trip a huge success! I took today off work as well, because ... why not?

I ran 15 miles in about 2 hours today and saw one of our local elites out in the park. I left the country for 3 days, and now there's goose shit everywhere.

Now I'm off to continue lurking in the meltdown thread.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Me too!

Because I can't take my own advice.  Shoot me.

For anyone reading this who puts up a 2+hr half marathon and might not post about it because of what some said in the other thread, I want you to know that *I* will read your race report and *I* will be happy for you getting it done!   And I am damn proud of my 2:11 HM time because I did something I never thought I could.  Just had to say that. Smile

Back to the regular drama free dailies!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Today was almost a rest day. I did ab work an push-ups. The plan for tomorrow is to run in the morning ad do weights, push-ups, ab work, and cardio after work.

"Almost a rest day"  you crack me up.  Do you take 100% rest days?  Or is it always at least something?

Trail race is a local one a few towns over in a state forest - 5.5 miles or 3.2 mile options.   I am hoping it dries out a little, when I went a few days ago, a few spots were total wash outs from all the rain.   Like... waist high water!

Docket_Rocket

That's a true trail race!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

That's a true trail race!

Yeah, but I'm not that hard core LOL

Docket_Rocket

LOL.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, okay. I won't shoot you though,.... well I might not.

Because I can't take my own advice.  Shoot me.

For anyone reading this who puts up a 2+hr half marathon and might not post about it because of what some said in the other thread, I want you to know that *I* will read your race report and *I* will be happy for you getting it done!   And I am damn proud of my 2:11 HM time because I did something I never thought I could.  Just had to say that. Smile

Back to the regular drama free dailies!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hip Redux

Lol, okay. I won't shoot you though,.... well I might not.

I meant shoot me in a "put me out of my misery" way but I just realized it might have come off as "so shoot me".

Really, both could be accurate.  lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, no worries. Either way is funny.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

So sorry, Rick!  Last week of school here so I won't have a lot of chance to sneak away and check forums.  BUT, soon enough I will have plenty o' time!

Whatcha thinking about for tomorrow?

Where the heck is Zelly?  I need help with my speed workout tomorrow, hmph.  >:-/

Oski, I do take complete rest days. Every Saturday and major Jewish holiday.

Zelanie

Oh, and on the way back from my walk I saw the same guys who always circle overhead at the end of my runs:

They must have read about my race times in my sig.