Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES have no belt, but it could be worse (Read 34 times)

LRB

'Sup.

I ran 7.36.

And I realized during my run that I haven't felt my right heel or my left ankle the past two days. Then a few moments later, I felt them both! 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  My 10 went well last night, but woke up so tired.  I went to Orange Theory but half asleep.  2000m row and 2.90 miles of speedwork there.  Now I need a nap.  Pilates and 6 miles later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Hi my friends!  And hi to the rest of you too I guess.  I ran 4.2 easy miles before work, and they behaved like a double.  Coach had me down for another triathlon tonight but I politely declined.  I'll do an easy bike ride instead.  I'd rather save my legs for my 10K Sunday.

<3

LRB

Hi my friends!  And hi to the rest of you too I guess.  I ran 4.2 easy miles before work, and they behaved like a double.  Coach had me down for another triathlon tonight but I politely declined.  I'll do an easy bike ride instead.  I'd rather save my legs for my PR attempt 10K Sunday.

FYP.

delicate flower

FYP.

Key word being "attempt."

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 25 humid miles.  It was still 75F at 3;30am, which seems a little excessive.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

bluerun

Super B****

I rode 25 non-humid miles, since I was in my air-conditioned basement.

Climbing tonight!  We're supposed to remember to try The Beast before we get all tired (ha, ha, I walk in tired).  This is The Beast.

The problem we're working on has starting hand holds that are higher up, so you have to jump a little to get to them.  And then what's supposed to happen is that you swing your legs up so that you're horizontal with the floor, but I just can't get there, and I can't figure out if this is because of weakness in my core or in my legs or both.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I ran 8

LRB

Key word being "attempt."

Exactly. That's all any of us ever do with any of it; see how it unfolds and adjust accordingly.

FYP.

Every race for Baboon is a PR attempt.

5 miles.

Dave

Cyberic

Hey all, still in Italy. Drivers are incredibly bad here and the streets are narrow so depending on where I'm at in Italy, running ain't always tempting or fun. Leaving Montaione tomorrow, and maybe the streets around the apartment in Firenze will be more runner friendly.

I approve of going for a PR in a race, if possible. If not, giving it all you've got. And Baboon is the man!

LRB

I rode 25 non-humid miles, since I was in my air-conditioned basement.

Climbing tonight!  We're supposed to remember to try The Beast before we get all tired (ha, ha, I walk in tired).  This is The Beast.

The problem we're working on has starting hand holds that are higher up, so you have to jump a little to get to them.  And then what's supposed to happen is that you swing your legs up so that you're horizontal with the floor, but I just can't get there, and I can't figure out if this is because of weakness in my core or in my legs or both.

Not that I know anything about anything, but since you're unable to create momentum to get your legs up there (because of a limited surface area in which to grip I presume) you would scrunch your knees to your stomach, thereby creating the shortest distance for your feet to travel to a landing spot. As opposed to trying to lift your feet up from an extended angle, which would require strength and balance that you may or may not possess just yet.

LRB

Good morning!

I rode 25 humid miles.  It was still 75F at 3;30am, which seems a little excessive.

Have a great day!

I thought about you during my run today...um, not like that! Just wondering how you were doing. Glad to see you hanging in there. 👍

LRB

Hey all, still in Italy. Drivers are incredibly bad here and the streets are narrow so depending on where I'm at in Italy, running ain't always tempting or fun. Leaving Montaione tomorrow, and maybe the streets around the apartment in Firenze will be more runner friendly.

I approve of going for a PR in a race, if possible. If not, giving it all you've got. And Baboon is the man!

Hello Eric.

Is the pizza there the best ever or overrated?

Docket_Rocket

Hi, Eric!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page