Beginners and Beyond

let's talk politics (without fighting) (Read 104 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am bored, and nobody on here has mentioned a snipit(sp) of their thoughts.

Personally,  I like everything Trump is saying, he is right about taxes and corporations, and imports and all that, and lobbyists pretty much owning politicians and he doesn't need their "charity". BUT my concern is whether he means what he says or is he just saying it for popularity and votes? Politicians will say whatever they need to in order to get votes, all the time. Honestly,  he sounds too good to be true and you know how that goes. As another businessman, DH is all about Trump, lol but I am a bit skeptical.

Next in line, I really like Ben Carson and his views, and his energy. He seems very poised and intelligent, and calculating.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

I am bored, and nobody on here has mentioned a snipit(sp) of their thoughts.

Personally,  I like everything Trump is saying, he is right about taxes and corporations, and imports and all that, and lobbyists pretty much owning politicians and he doesn't need their "charity". BUT my concern is whether he means what he says or is he just saying it for popularity and votes? Politicians will say whatever they need to in order to get votes, all the time. Honestly,  he sounds too good to be true and you know how that goes. As another businessman, DH is all about Trump, lol but I am a bit skeptical.

Next in line, I really like Ben Carson and his views, and his energy. He seems very poised and intelligent, and calculating.

Well, I think he sounds like a nightmare. But there are certainly a whole lot of people out there who agree with you.

It is easy for candidates to say things that people want to hear, and tell you they are going to fix everything. But actually being able to get things done is something else. ("I'm going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it!" How the hell are you going to actually do this?) The two candidates you mentioned combine for about 50% in the polls. The commonality of course is neither one has any experience in elected office. Which is their appeal - people are down on politicians. But no one without experience in public office has ever been elected president, other than people who have been military generals. In what other profession is it considered a bonus to have no experience in what you are hired to do? If DH was trying to hire an accountant, and a guy came in and said "I've never done accounting before, but I'm a winner, and I'm rich", how would that go? Running a business is not the same as being president. A CEO can make things happen by decree, and does not have to work with Congress, or worry about what is constitutional, or compromise on things.

I have no idea how Trump will end. I still can't imagine him getting the nomination, but I guess crazier things have happened. Although I can't think of any offhand.

Dave

From the Internet.

Well, I think he sounds like a nightmare. 

From the Internet.

Bernie Sanders is my dude. I'll vote for Hillary if she gets the Dem nomination but I'm honestly, genuinely excited about Bernie. Already on standby for various volunteer duties. A summary of his stances on various issues can be found here for any interested parties.

happylily

He looks like a nightmare too...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

onemile

He looks like a nightmare too...

The hair is real!

delicate flower

I have no idea how Trump will end. I still can't imagine him getting the nomination, but I guess crazier things have happened. Although I can't think of any offhand.

2004 ALCS, Red Sox come back to beat Yankees.

<3

Village people

Good times.

Village people

LRB

That was un, believable. Yes, two words!

Buster Douglas KO's Mike Tyson.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Trump isn't the equivalent of a no experienced accountant. He knows business and how to handle money and investments, or at least knows the experts, something our government knows nothing about apparently. He supposedly knows the other top businessmen of other countries and if he can bring back big manufacturing and other trades that built this country, then we'll have jobs, and that makes DH happy. If he can do that.....

I don't like, can't stand Hillary and if Bernie thinks we're the richest country, being 17 trillion or so in debt, he is smoking crack.

BUT I will not argue or fight, there is a reason we don't talk politics here and obviously I am the only Republican/conservative   well, I'll be voting that way, haven't really had much hope in our politicians since I was able to vote......

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Buster Douglas KO's Mike Tyson.

OJ found not guilty.

I actually lost a bet on that one, and I don't bet.

LRB

...and obviously I am the only Republican/conservative  

You have no idea who is what in America. Know yourself, assume nothing about others.

cjones1

obviously I am the only Republican/conservative  

No you're not, but I typically run my mile pace away from political conversations. Smile  See what I did there.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)