Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES Are Going to The Cats (Read 64 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, all! DS and I want a cat, but DH is convinced that cats stink. Sad One of these days I'll change his mind. Until then, thanks for the funnies!

Coffee is brewing, with a couple shakes of cinnamon on top of the grounds. Temps are back on the positive side of things today and I am craving fresh air, so I'll do 6 easy miles outside on the fresh dusting of snow after taking DS to school.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

BruceD555

Morning all! It looks like we're finally breaking out of the deep freeze here and afternoon temps are supposed to hit 20 ... Woohoo! it's a heat-wave! The legs feel great after yesterday's LT treadmill run but I should probably ease the pace just a bit on my scheduled 14 MLR today. I think I'll head out from work early today to actually catch some daylight running time this afternoon.

Train smart ... race smarter.

LRB

People are wearing jackets here today and it's 67F.  We are having a cold front.  Lowest temp of the day?  65F. 

Reminds of a time it rained in Vegas (actually it sprinkled) cars were crashing all over the place!  Into poles, into buildings, into each other.  It was the strangest thing I had ever seen!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

As for a dog's opinion on all these cat photos.......Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Hee-hee.  One day, we'll have to let this place go to the dogs!

Docket_Rocket

Hmmm, that happens here in Miami and it rains more days here than in Seattle (100 days).  Wikipedia was my source.

Reminds of a time it rained in Vegas (actually it sprinkled) cars were crashing all over the place!  Into poles, into buildings, into each other.  It was the strangest thing I had ever seen!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Hmmm, that happens here in Miami and it rains more days here than in Seattle (100 days).  Wikipedia was my source.

Yes, I could be wrong, but I think it has rained each day I have ever spent in Miami.  And I'm talking deluge!  Then after about five minutes, the sun comes out and an hour later it's as if it never rained one drop!

Docket_Rocket

Cats can also detect illnesses in humans.  Having said that, if this is true, I don't want a dog.  I don't want to know; keep that shit to yourself.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Now it lasts 3-4 hours of deluge a day.  My house front is always under water....

Yes, I could be wrong, but I think it has rained each day I have ever spent in Miami.  And I'm talking deluge!  Then after about five minutes, the sun comes out and an hour later it's as if it never rained one drop!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

5.1 miles before work.  Woot!  That makes 2x this month.  Now I just need to make it happen at least 2x a week.  

You can call me Anna

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I'm up!  Coffee's done and I'm starting to get into the groove!

D, LOL! If you could see my head, I must have been asleep.

NotScott - Night shifts are actually better than days usually. No brass around to annoy us or "assign" menial tasks that have nothing to do with our core function. Besides, tonight's my last night in this batch of shifts. I start days Monday.

Scotty, I once had a cat that would fetch just like a dog. He was unique, I'd say. I'd toss his little "punching bag" toy down the hall and he'd tear after it, retrieve it, and bring it back to me! He was also an accomplished hunter, having once bagged a blue jay. Too bad I was very allergic to him and had to give him up. In the end, my brother in law's brother was kind enough to take him in at the farm to help keep the mouse population down.

Once the coffee kicks in, I'm heading out for a few. Nothing special. It's a little cool here, but nothing like those teens and below that the folks up north are reporting!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Hello Dailies,

After nearly a month of being an internet access nomad, I finally have service at home.  Big grin

Didn't make it to the race on Sunday, I drove into whiteout conditions and grudgingly decided to turn around rather than risk it.

First 2 of the 4 series races DNS'ed, yuck.

Will catch up on personals in a while, gotta take advantage of some (still freezing cold) sunshine on my day off!

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Just got 5 miles done in 20* weather which is huge for me. I'm a wuss when it comes to running in the cold. At my house it's currently 64*. I can't wait to get back home this weekend.

Don't believe everything you think. 

Ball of Fury

What's up Dailies!  I am  now going on hour 26 at work and am getting a bit tired!  I have also caught my DDs cold...yay me!  I was planning to do an easy 5-7 when I got home (it's a balmy 22 degrees or something), but I may have to skip it...we will see how I feel when I finally get outta here!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

@runjerseygirl

I decided that I'd rather sweat today, so I bailed on yoga and did a 30 minute interval workout on the elliptical.  My booty is s-o-r-e!  Whew! Big grin

Do you even run?