Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES - bust out your Jazz Hands! (Read 227 times)

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Sarah, I vote for shorter. You are better off doing fewer miles than you are to risk injury if you are at all uncertain that your feet will be able to handle those miles without the added support. You won't gain any fitness for this race anyway nor will you lose any by shortening this run.

delicate flower

Might I convince you and your wife to come up to Holyoke for the Holyoke St. Pats race. Its so much fun! 

Mayyyyyyybe.  Well, for me, anyway.  Wife is a CPA and works Saturdays that time of the year. 

<3

Nevrgivup

Mayyyyyyybe.  Well, for me, anyway.  Wife is a CPA and works Saturdays that time of the year. 

You have to check it out! It attracts a huge field and I think you would like it. Big grin

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Purple Toes

Morning! 

I'm heading out in a bit for a few quick miles followed by some strengthening stuff at home. 

Nevrgivup, good luck on your MRI today!  Pink, I'm glad your knee is feeling better.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning Dailies.

Last night I created quite a stir on DM when I posted my "easy run" at around 8 min/miles. Of course I made a typo when I entered my treadmill duration. 5 miles in 52 minutes, not 42... Roll eyes Just a little bit of a difference.

Tonight it's intervals. 2 miles easy, + 1 mile @ 5k pace + 4 minutes easy, + 8x400m @5k w/1 min recoveries + 2 miles easy.

Sarah, I also vote shorter. I made a mistake with shoes in October and stll paying for it today.

Have a good one, all!

LRB

Supp peeps!

You ladies and gents have been busy!  I got 30 minutes in on the elliptical, and will probably do weights tomorrow.  I'm thinking legs right now but we'll see.

What up doe Bob!

Shakedown Street

6-9 on the trails, depends on how much hooky I can play today. Weights PM.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

runmomto3boys

Sarah: Ohhh, man: darn dog!  It sounds like you had a nice run last night, albeit a warm one.  Well done!

Hilary: I hope the MRI goes well!

Flippy: Nice work on that run with the sprints in there!!!  You're going to be so fast come Spring...

Locomote: How are you feeling post-race???  Tell us more about it.  Craziness with the weather???

Docket: How are those legs post-Vegas????  Doing OK?

Code: Ohhh, I missed the DM dramz!  Boo.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Alllll Right!!!

I have 1000 miles for the year, 1263 since I started running.

3 miles done, easy pace of 9:04. I resisted the urge to go faster or farther, though the splits were a little negative.

Getting my eyes dilated later today. Yee haw - I won't be able to read the computer screen after that!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Hey guys! MRI today than I'll get the all clear to go running next week. I'm 100% better at rest and walking fast, so I'm ready to go. I've decided on a March 10K for fun. The race is a big one and is really fun for St. Pats day. I'm looking forward to "jogging" it this year all decked out in green. It attracts about 4000 runners each year. Lots of fun and a nice goal to look forward coming back. 

Good luck with the MRI!  THe last time I had one the tech looked at me and said "were you just here recently?"  I said "YEP!"  I hope you're not a regular!

Ok so every have something on your mind that gets you all riled up?  And then your next run/training session/etc you are on fire?!!

For me, it's a work item.  Emails started flying last night and I knew today would be awful.  So what happened on my swim this am?  OMG I think I swam harder than I have in the past 3 months and 30 minutes went by like 5.  I had to take my goggles off to check the clock because I couldn't believe it.

So here's hoping it's mostly in my head and it all works out.

Have a good day all!  Is it lunchtime yet?

happylily

Morning gang!

Do you still take lost souls in your group? I am a dailies orphan...

A sore right knee, a night filled with nightmares, 5 over-excited kids this morning, a rainy day, three cups of coffee to keep me together. Don't worry, I've got everything under control.

9 GA miles tonight. Hoping the right knee doesn't become too much of a problem. I think I overdid the hill work last week...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

Alllll Right!!!

I have 1000 miles for the year, 1263 since I started running.

3 miles done, easy pace of 9:04. I resisted the urge to go faster or farther, though the splits were a little negative.

Getting my eyes dilated later today. Yee haw - I won't be able to read the computer screen after that!

Tom I swear that it is a total coincidence that I decided to say hello on the dailies for the first time today and

ended up posting directly after you. I swear I am not stalking you!Smile  Good job on the miles!

Anyway, hi folks!!  I see lots of familiar names and you may know me from R.W. Formerly JustBeth but I decided

to change my user name when I signed up here and  use my cool initials, just because I thought it made a great

user name.

Anywhoooo, I"m a sporadic poster. Some days I will be on line quite a bit, other times not for a few days. So

it will always be a surprise when I'm going to show up!LOL

Debating about what today's run will look like.  Ran 10 miles on Sunday and 5 yesterday. I'm in between training

periods right now (last full Sept 30th, last half Oct 21st) and just enjoying the flexibility until I start my next schedule

the week of Christmas.

Have a good one!

http://i46.tinypic.com/24ce5n7.jpg

Bob.

Eat my shorts, Eddie.

Morning gang!

Do you still take lost souls in your group? I am a dailies orphan...

A sore right knee, a night filled with nightmares, 5 over-excited kids this morning, a rainy day, three cups of coffee to keep me together. Don't worry, I've got everything under control.

9 GA miles tonight. Hoping the right knee doesn't become too much of a problem. I think I overdid the hill work last week...

Be. Still. My. Heart. 

Hi stranger. Smile

(11 in the books.) 

runmomto3boys

Lily: You are not an orphan you goose!  It is nice to see you in here!  You've been working hard on those hills getting ready for Boston!!  I hope the knee is no biggie and is just one of those fleeting things that resolves w/o issue.  It's hard with the little ones, though, isn't it?  You don't have much of a chance to rest.  I know. 

Beth: It's great to see you around too!! What race are you going to be training for come Christmas?  You are getting some nice miles in in the meantime!  Nicely done!

Tom: Wowzers - congratulations on hitting the 1000 mile milestone!  That's a biggie!  Bravo!

MBC: What a SWIM you had!  I definitely have those kind of runs on occasion too.  Hopefully you burned off all that angst during your work out!  Great job, by the way, keeping up with your swimming while you heal up.  I look forward to the day when you can start running again.   Do you and Phil run together?

tjaffer

I went out for an early morning run today.  Got in 6.75 miles in at about 8:50 avg pace.  I might go out as well tonight for another run. its really nice weather.  also trying to make up for the no so healthy eating and snacking i've been doing lately. 

5K - 23:33 (10/14/2012)                                                                         twitter: @tjaffer