Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES - bust out your Jazz Hands! (Read 227 times)

Samurai in Training

Be. Still. My. Heart. 

Hi stranger. Smile

(11 in the books.) 

Back off Mr.  She is mine.

B-Plus

Wow, the dailies are really taking off. I have a long day, then hopefully I'll get in a 91 minute run afterwards. Have a great day.
      Just B.S.

Here are some Jazz Hand for you!!! Photography is another of my many (too many if you ask my hubby, LOL) hobbies.

When our son graduated in 2009 he wanted a photo shoot with all of his best friends. One he has known since birth and most since elementary school. I ended up doing a photo book and giving it to each of them for graduation.

It was their idea to do some of the photos at a playground where they had spent a lot of time together. My handsome boy is 2nd from the top.

As I was about to take this photo one of them shouted "JAZZ HANDS" and this is the shot I captured! Priceless!

Nevrgivup

That is great Beth! 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! 4 pages already, nice!

Doing 5 flattish (as flattish as we can get here, anyway) miles with my RP right after work. It's going to be in the mid-60's so I actually get to wear SHORT SLEEVES. Oooooo!!

I'm still a little bummed because over the weekend I made the decision to not run Shamrock Marathon or the 6-hour race next year. Awhile ago, husband and I decided to have "No Vacation 2013" to save money, so I felt like I was being really selfish with not one but TWO destination races. So, I'll run my PR HM on April 28 as my spring goal race. I don't have a goal yet other than to PR (sub-2:13). This also leaves me without a training plan, since I had a marathon/ultra plan all ready to go to start on 12/31. Oh well, I guess I have time to figure something out.

That being said, I'm going to run a very local marathon (Lehigh Valley Health Network Marathon for Via) on September 8 for my first full. It was my first half, so it should be my first full, I guess.

delicate flower

You have to check it out! It attracts a huge field and I think you would like it. Big grin

I have put it on my calendar. 

<3

Nevrgivup

I have put it on my calendar. 

Big grin

delicate flower

Big grin

It is worth noting that my spring goal HM is the following weekend.  I can't imagine running an all out 10K the week before will do me a lot of good in the HM.  I also want to set a new PR in the 10K since I failed to do so this year.  So, I'll need to decide how to approach the two races.  Big grin      

<3

Nevrgivup

It is worth noting that my spring goal HM is the following weekend.  I can't imagine running an all out 10K the week before will do me a lot of good in the HM.  I also want to set a new PR in the 10K since I failed to do so this year.  So, I'll need to decide how to approach the two races.  Big grin      

Its really not a race to PR on anyway. Very hilly. There are four hills throughout the race. Run it for fun. 

delicate flower

Its really not a race to PR on anyway. Very hilly. There are four hills throughout the race. Run it for fun. 

Hmmm....300' of uphill in the first three miles according to mapmyrun.  Indeed, not a PR course for me.  Big grin   

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey runners.  I did 12.12 miles today.  The run was supposed to be 8 miles, then 1.5 miles at MP uphill.  It ended up being 10 miles, with 1.5 uphill, plus a little back to my car.  The whole easy portion of the run, I kept thinking there was no way I'd be able to hold the MP uphill.  Sure enough, once I hit the hill I wanted to start on, my legs worked and got me there (6:48, 6:48).  I guess the change in pace activates different muscles and makes it doable, regardless of the fatigue you're feeling from running a previous steady pace.

Quick side note...if anyone wants a fun, quick Christmas story, either for a personal read or to share with the kids, try "The Shepard, the Angel, and Walter the Christmas Miracle Dog" by Dave Barry.  It's hilarious, and takes about 45 minutes to read if you're just reading on your own.

Off to get my hair cut, so I'll have to say hi individually later on.  This floppy running mop is just too much.  Hope you're all having a great day.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Beth, love the jazz hands picture! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

@runjerseygirl

3 miles for me today.  Not the hyperventilating meltdown of a run like yesterday, but it was still pretty crappy.  I hate this because I'm usually such an upbeat, happy person.  I can't seem to get out of this funk, and it's starting to take it's toll on my running.  I don't know how to snap out of it.  I'll try for another 3 tomorrow.

Do you even run?

seeamyrun

Hi Everyone, busy place today.

Bob!..nice to "see" you!

Tom...congrats on the miles, that's great!

B.S. Great photo...photography is a passion of mine as well.

10.15 miles for me today with 6x1000m at 5k pace. This workout kicked my butt but I got it done.

I plan on having an uneventful day with a sprinkling of housework and laundry.

Weights, forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer, and abs are done. I'm looking forward to lunch. I have the day off for appointments, one of which is to have my blood sugar and cholesterol checked. And it's not for another hour:/ Yep. I've had nothing but water (a lot of it) since 6:00 p.m. yesterday evening. I pity the poor nurse or lab tech who has to deal with me.