Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES - bust out your Jazz Hands! (Read 227 times)

Sharz96

Two easy miles for me, 4:30AM.  Lovely weather, if dark.  47 degrees, no wind, and much lower humidity than usual.  Tomorrow is going to back to normal: right around freezing.

outoftheblue

It's nice to see an active Dailies thread!

My running has been pretty boring lately.  Just 3+ miles at easy pace today, followed by my leg strengthening routine.  

In NRR news, we got some of our plants re-rooted that had been blown over in the last storm and located our patio furniture which had blown off into the surrounding brush.   It's clouding over again, so looks like more rain is on the way.

Life is good.

Pinktastic

Checking back in.....   Okay so when I left here last, the dog had just been eating one of my heel supports and I was panicking about whether to run without them, run shorter today than planned or run as planned (was going for 8-10).    After a few minutes of f-bombs, I took another look at the heel support.  Fortunately, she (Abby, the dog) hadn't completely shredded it - it was more like a big piece with parts of the side missing.   So, I got out the duct tape and tried to put it back together like a puzzle.   It seemed to work so I tried wearing it in my shoe around the house for a while.   It still seemed good so I decided to run with it like that.

And, I ran for 10.15 miles.    :-)     But, I was pretty anxious about it the whole way because I had decided that if that leg or foot bothered me any at all while I was running that I would shut it down and not take any chances.   I was constantly thinking "is the foot hurting?  no, you idiot, you just stepped on an acorn."   "is the knee bothering me?   no, dumba$$, not any more than usual when you run on a cambered section of road."  And on and on throughout the run......  

Thanks to all who sympathized, empathized, and gave suggestions.  It's because of you wonderful people that I pay way more attention to what I'm feeling when I'm running.  Y'all ROCK!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Jess runs for bacon

Pink, glad you were able to piece it together again. I hate when I'm hypersensitive to stuff like that when I run. I have to really focus to get it out of my head.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

BPlus...91 minutes huh?  Do you train by time as opposed to pace?  That's how I did my first marathon.

Beth...Eh hmmm, the marathon forum is missing you!  That's a great pic that I'm sure all of the kids really appreciated.  Too many hobbies beat too few any day.

April...That weather should make for a nice 5 with your partner.  I was wishing I went with the short sleeves on my run today.  I'm sorry that you had to sacrifice a couple of races.  Hopefully coming up with some local alternatives will keep you motivated in your training.

Kay...This time of year can be tough for people, even though it's something most of us are excited about.  I hope you find a way out of your funk.  Running will be there when you feel better, by the way, if you're really not up for it.

SeeAmyRun...That's an awesome workout you did today.  Very similar to some of the ones I had done while training with the Daniels plan.  Did you do the whole thing at the track, or just run a warmup to the track and back when you were done?  I'm hoping that by the time in my plan I need to be on the track it won't be too snowy or icy to use.

Basya...I just learned the other day that you are a gal...my apologies for spending this whole time thinking you were male!  Good job on the workout, and enjoy the real food!

Hi to everyone else!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

StepbyStep-SH

Beth - Love that photo! Priceless memories for those kids, I'm sure.
              Pink - Glad the run went well, even with a pieced-together heel support.

My run was fueled by emotion after another battle of wills with my son, so I hit a nice pace for the whole thing and ended up with 7 miles total. Did have one stop along the trail that required the sacrifice of a glove - luckily I had the 2-for-$1 variety on today. Blush Strength class was tough, but good, and followed it up with lunch with friends. Now, I really should try to accomplish something productive with the hour I have left before DS gets home from school.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Beth - Love that photo! Priceless memories for those kids, I'm sure.
                Pink - Glad the run went well, even with a pieced-together heel support.

My run was fueled by emotion after another battle of wills with my son, so I hit a nice pace for the whole thing and ended up with 7 miles total. Did have one stop along the trail that required the sacrifice of a glove - luckily I had the 2-for-$1 variety on today. Blush Strength class was tough, but good, and followed it up with lunch with friends. Now, I really should try to accomplish something productive with the hour I have left before DS gets home from school.

Step...I think you buried the lead!  Although I guess the question is, did you bury the glove? ha.  Seriously though, that's rough and I'm glad I've never had that experience.  Much respect in your direction though, and nice work taking some frustration out with your pace.

Sharz...That's awesome weather at that time of day.  Nice job getting up and getting it in.

OutofBlue...Hopefully you're not too bored with running.  I know I feel that way a lot when I'm just running and not really training for anything, like it's just easy mile after easy mile.  Good luck with the weather.

Pink...Way to tough it out and get it in there.  Your self talk was pretty funny.  I have a sensitive foot that I'm constantly taking stock of, and I've definitely uttered many of those same thoughts before.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

B-Plus

BPlus...91 minutes huh?  Do you train by time as opposed to pace?  That's how I did my first marathon.

I usually train by distance, but I've decided to convert to time for my 7 week epic base build. The extra minute is for the winter running contest hehe. I think distance and time is pretty similar, since I know roughly my daily training paces. The only major difference is if I'm majorly sucking it up know day or if there's snow on the ground.
                  runmomto3boys

Beth: I loooooove that pic!!!!!

Just B.S.

Beth: I loooooove that pic!!!!!

Thanks Heidi and everyone else.  Mabye some ideas for when you all have kids graduating high school!

Sorry to be such a space hog but here is another of my favs from that day.

Such a great group of young people and still as close almost 4 years later.

This one is the last page in their photo book.

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Checking back in.....   Okay so when I left here last, the dog had just been eating one of my heel supports and I was panicking about whether to run without them, run shorter today than planned or run as planned (was going for 8-10).    After a few minutes of f-bombs, I took another look at the heel support.  Fortunately, she (Abby, the dog) hadn't completely shredded it - it was more like a big piece with parts of the side missing.   So, I got out the duct tape and tried to put it back together like a puzzle.   It seemed to work so I tried wearing it in my shoe around the house for a while.   It still seemed good so I decided to run with it like that.

Glad you came up with a solution...and I'm glad to hear you love your dog enough to shrug it off!  haha.  My dog is obsessed with my husband's slippers.  I swear no matter where he puts them, the dog manages to find them and scatter both around the apartment in random places.  My dh finally gave up and it's become a "find the slippers" game with them when he comes home from work.  Yesterday we found one on the windowsill & one under the table.  

She totally would chew up a heel support, too.

Angela 

Luke79

8 mile run @ 10:30 avg.

I felt crappy today and my quads are now trashed.  Completely friggin demolished.  I don't know why.  I ran 7 way harder just the other day, and I'm coming off 2 days rest.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Beth, those pictures are FANTASTIC!!!!!

Pinktastic

Glad you came up with a solution...and I'm glad to hear you love your dog enough to shrug it off!  haha.  My dog is obsessed with my husband's slippers.  I swear no matter where he puts them, the dog manages to find them and scatter both around the apartment in random places.  My dh finally gave up and it's become a "find the slippers" game with them when he comes home from work.  Yesterday we found one on the windowsill & one under the table.  

She totally would chew up a heel support, too.

Angela, that's funny about the "hide the slippers" game.   It's great that DH is willing to just play along instead of getting angry / annoyed / frustrated every day.   :-)   

Abby loves my slippers too.   If I take them off while I'm watching tv, she will lay with her head on them like they are her pillows.   Keeps my slippers warm at any rate....    :-)

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Misty

Beth- those pics are fantastic!!

Today was my first day back running after the HM from Hades, and coincidently run #1 of marathon training. 8 miles w/ 10x20sec strides. It felt okay, though I had to stop and stretch out my calves a few times.

Misty

Bless your heart.