Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdaly Penguins (Read 13 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"As athletes, we have ups and downs. Unfortunately, you can't pick the days they come on." --Deena Kastor

PADRunner

5 Done...

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all.  6 or 8 today (whatever I don't do is on tap for tomorrow).  It'll probably be on the TM again given the weather - which means I'll try for the 6 today and see what the weather brings for tomorrow.  I'd vastly prefer to do the 8 outside instead of on the treadmill but that requires the weather to cooperate.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Well, we lost power last night about 9:30 and it came back on about 6:30 this morning, so I just had time to grab a shower and breakfast before heading to work.  And of course since we slept hot last night, nobody slept well.  But that's ok, because I got a shower, and I have quartet rehearsal tonight!!  And the power went out RIGHT after I finished taping my ankle, which is helping.  So I should be able to get back to PT tomorrow, which my knee will appreciate.

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 5 done!!

sapf -- enjoy your 6 or 8, whichever it turns out to be!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Nice 5, PAD.

Jill, sorry about the treadmill.  That doesn't sound fun; I hope you get to go outside tomorrow.

HopesMom, did you ever get your solar installed?

I've been MIA lately; not been running much at all due to injury.  I think I am on the mend but I'm also volunteering at summer camp for a month so I don't have much time to even try to run!  Nothing for me today (except camp where I do run and play with the kids).

hog4life

Planning 7 after yard mowing and garage cleaning.

Singer who runs a smidge

The installation is scheduled for July 21.  Can't wait!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Morning!  This training I'm in has been kicking my butt- all day training and then homework afterwards!  Jeez.

I am going to go to the group track workout tonight.  The legs aren't ready, but my brain sure needs something different than the same out-and-back route with easy miles that I've been doing.  Hopefully this will be something different at least.

PAD- Good run!  I like the quote. Smile

sapf- Good job on the TM runs lately!  I've really found that the distance doesn't matter so much.  It's the first 3-4 miles that suck, then I settle in and can pretty much keep going.

HsM- Glad you're getting back to PT!  Congrats on getting the solar install scheduled!  We have to wait until November because they're backed up.  Are you getting a way to monitor your output online?

Brilliant- Good to see you back and doing well!

Mitch- Busy day!

Singer who runs a smidge

I don't think so, although they're setting up a panel in our garage with all the numbers, plus a dedicated outlet that will work if the power goes out, as long as the sun is up!

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have Pilates and that is it. My computer at work is not working well so I'm going to come back when I can actually read and post. Grrr.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

I don't think so, although they're setting up a panel in our garage with all the numbers, plus a dedicated outlet that will work if the power goes out, as long as the sun is up!

HsM- Sounds like we are getting the same inverter- ours has that too!  We got the option of adding a connection to our router so we could see the production online.

GinnyinPA

PAD - good job on the 5 this a.m.

sapf - I hope you got to go outside today.

HM - that's a lot of power outages.  Is that usual for your area in the summer?  Have fun at rehearsal.

Brilliant - I'm glad you're getting better, even if you don't have time to run.  How long does camp last?

Mitch - that's ambitious.  I'd rather run first, because usually if I mow first, I'm too hot, sweaty and sneezy to want to run. Good luck.

Z - have fun with your group run this evening.

DH went to get a couple of new tires today, so I went with him out to the Garage that was doing the work and ran 8 miles home on a rolling route I don't usually do.  It's a nice rural route with nice views of farms and the nearby mountains, but today was hot and humid so I had a much harder time than I did the last time I ran there.  There were black storm clouds all over, so I was praying for rain, but ended up with intermittent sunshine instead.  Darn.  One of those days that you wonder what the H you're doing out there.

Brilliant

Brilliant - I'm glad you're getting better, even if you don't have time to run.  How long does camp last?

Just one more week.   I'm missing the next few days because we're headed up to Park City tomorrow.  I'm going to try to do some running up there, but might just do mountain biking and other recreational stuff with hubby.  We'll see.  I can probably convince him to do a trail run.

Your run sounds lovely (the landscape) even if you didn't get the hoped-for rain!

hog4life

14.4! Doing a few recovery in the morning. DW has PT appointment for her back, so I'll go to see how they torture her, then I can do it for free

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

14.4! Doing a few recovery in the morning. DW has PT appointment for her back, so I'll go to see how they torture her, then I can do it for free

LOL !!!