Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 45 times)

LRB

'Sup Crew.

I probably should do a plank or pushup or two while waiting for the swelling on my stupid shin to go down...but not today.

Coffee is up first then work. You?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. At the airport, leaving soon.  RD but my legs feel fine so I might run tomorrow.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No run for me today, maybe a walk later this afternoon if it isn't storming. Headed to the gym for an hour and 12 minutes.

Focus this morning was on the Biceps, Triceps and Chest

Alternating Dumbbell Curls: 22.5lbsX20reps, 25lbsX12reps, 22.5lbsX20reps, 25lbsX12reps, 22.5lbsX20reps, 25lbsX12reps
        Loaded Plate Incline Chest Press: 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 70lbsX12reps, 90lbsX10reps
        Triceps Dumbbell Kickbacks: 15lbsX12reps, 17.5lbsX12reps, 17.5lbsX12reps, 20lbsX8reps, 17.5lbsX12reps, 20lbsX10reps
        Fly Delt: 60lbsX15reps, 70lbsX8reps, 65lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 65lbsX12reps, 75lbsX9reps
        Triceps Extensions: 40lbsX12reps, 45llbsX8reps, 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX8reps, 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX8reps
        Standing Barbell Curls: 50lbsX10reps, 35lbsX15reps, 50lbsX8reps, 35lbsX12reps, 50lbsX8reps, 50lbsX10reps
        Seated Chest Press: 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps
        Standing Triceps Cable Pull Down: 50lbsX12reps, 55lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 55lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 60lbsX10reps

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Happy Monday!!  Taper is underway, and right now all I have to say about that is THANK GOD.  I do have 40 minutes of easy running to do later, and I'll probably hit the gym for some upper body work as well.

Today has all the makings of a two coffee day.

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Isn't that the norm?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

happylily

I still have stomach cramps, but yesterday's fever and nausea are gone, so that's an improvement. Unfortunately, I still have to work. I will try running 15-16 miles after work to compensate for the LR I missed yesterday. On a more positive note, it will be about 20C today (meaning warm in American) and I plan on spending the day outside with the kids. Lots of flower beds to clean up, fresh air will do us all good.

Damaris, flying home already? That is sad... Be careful, some people here and in another forum may accuse you of being part of the 1%ers if they hear that you can afford to fly to Europe for a race for only 4 days...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day. Quads are not happy. I am cursing every time I walk downstairs. Good thing we have some ramps in the building. Its at least a 3 coffee day,

adkkev

Isn't that the norm?

he didn't say what size those coffees were ... 

adkkev

Headed to the gym for an hour and 12 minutes.

Do you have it timed this specifically?  Seriously??  

StepbyStep-SH

Happy Monday, B&B! Ok, well. Hi. That's actually more how I'm feeling.

Sorry I don't check in and keep up better, but since I'm here, I feel the need to tell Lily NOT to make up a 15-mile run the day after being sick. :shakeshead: Crazy girl.

My life lately: PT exercise, stationary bike, a little elliptical, some swimming, walking (and 20 strides jogging yesterday - shhhh, don't tell my PT or ortho!). Two more weeks before they will give me an official OK to run, and even then they may want it to be with a big honkin' brace (shhh ... I don't plan to wear it for running - though I will for martial arts).

Today: 1200m swimming. I just couldn't get a good rhythm going. Last Wednesday I had a great swim with several sets of  200-300m continuous. Today I was doing good to string together 150m with a 30-45 sec break. I'm blaming allergies and congestion. Hoping that taking Claritin daily for the foreseeable future will take care of that problem.

Have a great, or at least OK, Monday, friends.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

Morning!  Feel pretty good today after my weekend of racing. Smile  Today should really be a RD, but since it's a half day at work (if I get enough done in the AM), I might just do a short recovery run this afternoon.  We'll see.

outoftheblue

A RD for me.  I'm experiencing the same frustrating thing that I did when I tried to resume my training after my last marathon.  I feel OK during the run, but the next day my shins and ankles are aching all out of proportion to the length and intensity of my run (just 6+ easy miles yesterday).  I think that HM I did really was a set back.  My body just does not like me right now.

Life is good.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Do you have it timed this specifically?  Seriously??  

No, I was writing this as past tense(ish). I had already went to the gym and my workout lasted an hour and 12 minutes... minus any extra seconds.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Happy Monday!!  Taper is underway, and right now all I have to say about that is THANK GOD.  I do have 40 minutes of easy running to do later, and I'll probably hit the gym for some upper body work as well.

Congrats, Baboon. I am looking forward to your race. You have had a great cycle so it should be good.

Hi Dailies.

More easy running for me. Now I am just going by feel and my marathon plan is long forgotten. DW has been training well and had her last 20 miler on Saturday. Today I might run for 60 minutes... or whatever the knee allows. It's all good.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!  Some easy miles on tap at some point today, probably later in the rain. lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!