Beginners and Beyond

I don't think I'll be running outside Sunday and Monday... (Read 96 times)

Docket_Rocket

Stay warm!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Yeesh...a Monday HIGH of 20 below!

<3

Just B.S.

Pretty much been that here for the last couple of days which is why I have been

spending my time on the treadmill and at the pool. Smile

Mmmmm...beer

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

You can do eet!

You people have issues 

onemile

Yeah, I will be at the indoor track those days.  

LRB

Yeah, I will be at the indoor track those days.

That is a really good idea!  We actually have one of those nearby I just have never gone and  checked it out. Hmm...

StepbyStep-SH

Time to hibernate!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

obiebyke

Ach, Fuzzy, I know! I was planning to rest for a few days and get back to running on Monday in Minneapolis, but oof. They say it'll be the coldest air we see this season. They better be right.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Just B.S.

I have used my treadmill more in the last 4 weeks that I have total for any winter

since we bought it in 2005. Our winter has been relentlessly cold and or snowing.

I have always detested the treadmill but last night after my 6 miles I actually said

to hubby that the more I use it the less I detest it OR I am just resigned to the fact

that this is what I need to do this year to get me to  my spring marathon.

Really hoping for some outdoor runs next week but not dreading and putting off the

treadmill runs until 9pm or 10pm like I used to. Smile

Ach, Fuzzy, I know! I was planning to rest for a few days and get back to running on Monday in Minneapolis, but oof. They say it'll be the coldest air we see this season. They better be right.

I hope they are right as well. It does look like it will be back to normal or slightly above normal temps by the end of next week.

onemile

That is a really good idea!  We actually have one of those nearby I just have never gone and  checked it out. Hmm...

Mine is actually very nice and I shouldn't complain.  It's around an Olympic sized speed-skating oval so it's perfectly 50 degrees and at about 3.5 laps / mile it's actually not too draining mentally.  It allows me to get in some speed work in the winter (and to be a wimp when it's just really cold and windy and miserable outside).

onemile

I have used my treadmill more in the last 4 weeks that I have total for any winter

since we bought it in 2005. Our winter has been relentlessly cold and or snowing.

I have always detested the treadmill but last night after my 6 miles I actually said

to hubby that the more I use it the less I detest it OR I am just resigned to the fact

that this is what I need to do this year to get me to  my spring marathon.

Really hoping for some outdoor runs next week but not dreading and putting off the

treadmill runs until 9pm or 10pm like I used to. Smile

I am very happy I decided not to run a spring marathon this year.  If the weather had been like this last year, I don't know how I would have managed.

happylily

Pretty much been that here for the last couple of days which is why I have been

spending my time on the treadmill and at the pool. Smile

This is winter as I remember it growing up. The last 5-8 years had been weirdly mild. We've had your temperature the last few weeks, Beth, and all I can say is: yep, that's what winter is like. Thank God for good heating systems.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010