Beginners and Beyond

Header font tutorial (Read 44 times)

Cyberic

Header font tutorial

How to use header fonts to make your RRs look better

Step 1

Write all your text like you normally do

Step 2

At the top of the editor window, there is a 2 row tool bar. Click the "Source Code" tool which is the tool on the right of the top row ( < > )

Step 3

Each line starts with a <p> tag and ends with a </p> slash tag.

Step 3a

Change the <p> tag  at the beginning of each line that you want to highlight for one of the 6 following ones : <h1>, <h2>, <h3>, <h4>, <h5>, or <h6>

Step 3b

Each line must end with the corresponding </tag>. For example, if a line starts with <h2>, it must finish with </h2>

Step 4

Click the "Ok" button

Those are header tags, like what you have access to in Word. H1 means header level 1, H2, header level 2, and so on

Hip Redux

How the hell did you figure that out??

Also - you must have hit some serious extra keys to do that by accident the first time lol

This is awesome!

<h6>this too.</h6>

Hey, the 2nd one didn't work. Looked really tiny before I posted.

Dave

Cyberic

Dave, usually HTML supports up to h6, but this editor might not. It does not support much html.

I just thought of something: I don't know you and maybe you know this, so I'll stop there.

Oski, a few months back I experimented with a little html in this editor and stopped after 2 or 3 tries as nothing was working. When today I somehow managed to do it by pure luck, and Damaris asked me how I did it, I saw the h3 tag, so I figured it probably supported from h1 to h6.

Dave, usually HTML supports up to h6, but this editor might not. It does not support much html.

I just thought of something: I don't know you and maybe you know this, so I'll stop there.

You can safely assume my complete ignorance of such matters.

Dave

Brilliant

Cool!

Thanks for posting.  I expect the visual interest of our RRs to improve dramatically! Smile

tracilynn

BLAH blah

hdhdhdhahha

how do we get rainbow colors?

~~~~~~~

Traci

LRB

What up doe?

happylily

Can you now teach me where the stupid French accents are on my keyboard?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Cyberic

Can you now teach me where the stupid French accents are on my keyboard?

You probably know these, and they are not fun to use and remember, but here goes:

Alt 131 = â

Alt 132 = ä

Alt 133 = à

Alt 0192 = À

Alt 0194 = Â

I don't feel like typing them all, so here is one (of many possible) links with the most useful

http://erbilparis.blogspot.ca/2012/02/les-accents-avec-un-clavier-qwerty.html

happylily

Thanks for the link, I have saved it. Seriously, though, making people memorize stuff like that is just pure evil...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010