Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Biscuit Monday (Read 22 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Here's one for Scotty's friends!

International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day!

PADRunner

Rest day for me today, most of the week as well. Current forecast for Sunday. 50% chance of rain, high 66.

on my way to badass

Good Monday Penguins!  This is the first Monday in about 2 months that DS has gone to school.  If there hasn't been a holiday we've had a snow day.    Thanks for starting us off PAD!

3 planned for today to keep up with the pace bunny.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Now I want a biscuit.  Thank you, PAD!

8 miles for me tonight.

Stone, wow.  He'll be making up classes for a year at this pace.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thanks, PAD!

Woof!

Rest day for me today.   Did a 5K on Saturday and a 5K on Sunday.  Links to the reports are below....

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/343c839248fe4dbdaba90e52312a2f12/resume#focus

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/4336b4e2979f49f1989b0d38dadbb793/resume#focus

Mother Nature is having a Texas hissie-fit again....high today of  only 39 degrees.  That is a 40-degree drop from our high temp on Saturday of 79 degrees.   Yes, we South Texans are feeling the cold!  Well, it's cold for us!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

tracilynn

Exciting Pad! So you're a weather stalker this week? Checking every 5 mins? 

Morning everyone!

Another 3 hr school delay here for icy roads. Ugh.

SRD and headed to PT. She may do dry needling on me if she feels too many knots in my shin and calf. I'm kinda nervous. Really wish I could take a shot (Or 3) of vodka but I have to drive back home.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!  I'll give my doggie a treat to celebrate dog biscuit day.  I have plenty right now, a nice happenstance that I bid on and won a "dog lovers" basket at the charity dinner I attended Saturday night!

PAD, enjoy the rest.

Damaris, you made me want a biscuit, too...with honey...mmm

SF, happy back-to-school day!  Go catch that pace bunny.

Scotty, great reporting on your runs as usual. You have so many fun 5ks in your area!  How cool that you've done the homeless one 6 years in a row.

Tracilynn, good luck at PT!

Kathleen - saw your update last night.  I'm sorry you're in a slump; hope everything goes OK at your appointments today.

Headed out shortly for 6 easy miles then yoga.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Quartet coaching on Saturday was really good, but the drive to and from was about the hairiest thing I've ever done.  It started snowing about 8:30, and we had a couple of inches by the time DH and I left at 11:30.  He didn't want me to go alone so he ended up driving me.  The back roads were a disaster and even the interstate was a mess.  We managed to stay on the road, and then it cleared up as we got a bit farther along the interstate.  Coming back there was more snow on the roads, and it was sleeting like crazy.  30 mph on the interstate, and still sliding all over the place.  We made it home safe, thankfully, and pretty much everything got canceled for Sunday.  Woo-hoo!!

PAD -- have a good rest day!!

Stone -- yeah, the local kids were back to school today for the first time since last Monday.  Of course, they were delayed 2 hours even today!!

Docket -- have a good 8!!

Scotty -- hey, a high of 39 is chilly even for us Virginia folks!!  Well, for ME anyway ...

traci -- hoping the PT helps your shin today!!

Brilliant -- have a good 6 and yoga!!  Did everything loosen up after your 20 this weekend?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Hope's Mom, I can imagine how hard those roads must be to travel in that weather.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

PAD: Countdown time! I am excited for your race day. Smile

SF: Good luck out there (or do you have a TM?).

D: Have a nice 8 and thanks again for lending an ear (it probably won't be the last time Wink).

Scotty: Yes, that is cold. When it gets that cold here people act as if it's the apocalypse.

Traci: Good luck at PT. If you really need those shots you can call Uber.

Brill: Good job. Your race is also coming up!

HsM: Be careful out there.

As for me, no running but I will do my core workout.  My slight case of "injury depression" is just about over and I am almost at the "acceptance" stage. Rest, ice, rest, ice, repeat. If it doesn't clear up on its own it will be time to see the doc.

See ya.

GinnyinPA

Kathleen - sorry the knee is misbehaving.  Do you have exercises that help?

PAD - exciting, being so close.  If it rains on Sunday, it will be fairly warm, which should help.  No ice storms.

SF - good luck with the three.  TM or out in the cold?

Damaris - good luck with your eight later.  That's a lot of miles for recovery.

Scott - looks like a good day for a rest day.  That is cold for you'all.

Traci - I hope the dry needling helps.

Brilliant - have fun with the six plus yoga.

HopesMom - that was a really dangerous drive.  I'm glad you made it home safely.

Jack - good luck with the icing and resting.  I really hope you heal quickly.

AFM:  today is supposed to be XT, which is good because it's only 22 outside for a high and I'm really not in the mood for the TM today.  I'll be doing a lot of TM miles this week, again.  Forecast is 22, 25, 33 with snow, 24, 24 and 30.  Next Sunday is going to warm up again, so at least I should be able to do my LR outdoors.  We have errands to run, so this may end up a rest day.

Docket_Rocket

I don't think he wants me recovered, but exhausted.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Okay. Had dry needling done on my calf and tibialis(inner calf part). HOLY HELL hurt so bad!  Like I can barely walk.

Lauren you are crazy if you don't think this is seriously painful!!  You are superwoman.

He said the calf is the most painful place to needle normally and I had major knots. I was sweating from every square inch of my body. I'm about to google, "has anyone ever died from dry needling"

I won't be able to run for several days and even walking is questionable at this point!

Never again!  I rather have my leg amputated.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Singer who runs a smidge

traci, that doesn't sound like fun at all!!!  I wonder, when you've recovered, if you'll find that it really helped.  Keep us posted!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

From the Internet.

Okay. Had dry needling done on my calf and tibialis(inner calf part). HOLY HELL hurt so bad!  Like I can barely walk.

Lauren you are crazy if you don't think this is seriously painful!!  You are superwoman.

He said the calf is the most painful place to needle normally and I had major knots. I was sweating from every square inch of my body. I'm about to google, "has anyone ever died from dry needling"

I won't be able to run for several days and even walking is questionable at this point!

Never again!  I rather have my leg amputated.

Oh man!! Yeah, the spots I had dry needled were not directly required for walking, they were definitely sore that evening but I was able to run that day. I'm planning to ask my PT to needle my calf on Wednesday and now I'm a little scurred D:

6.25 miles this morning with 5x half mile at ~10K pace (8:00ish). Felt great Big grin