Beginners and Beyond

I finally ran Boston (Read 204 times)

Supersono99

Excellent RR. I enjoyed your photOs, too.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I always like your posts, Goo, and this one was no exception...congrats!  What an awesome finish time!

B-Plus

Thanks for sharing Goo, what a great report. I like your idea of running with flowers next year. I'm really enjoying how all these reports are so personal but all very different.

Heh, I also saw Bruins vs Sabres game when I went to Boston, but it was playoffs. See you there in 2015.

Revenge of the Nerd

Good going Goo!  Nice call on the jacket.

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

Mmmmm...beer

Great report and great race!  That is some impressive ability to be able to BQ at will. Smile  Hopefully I'll be there next year, if not then 2015 for sure.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Bin Running

Enjoyed the RR... Envy of your natural talent..  Boston is abt 9397 miles away.. but I hope to run there 1 day..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Congrats on a strong race, despite the tragedy that happened. And best of luck getting that AG win!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

thanks for a great report and sharing your thoughts.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
                  happylily

I'm so glad you decided to go back to running after all these years, Goo. How incredible that you were able to recapture your speed and endurance so quickly! The mark of a naturally gifted runner, for sure. You ran so amazingly well, too bad you were not one year older for that AG award. Are you going to try for first place AG next year? Beautiful RR, full of great happy memories, and some sad, moving ones. As runners in Boston 2013, I believe we will always be united by this event. I say next year, let's all get together and reflect on what happened and then celebrate our great fortune. Congratulations on such an amazing finish time! And man, you and your wife look like such a young couple!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

What a great report, Goo!  After all those years you finally got to run Boston.  Good for you!  Good stuff.  Smile

And how cool was it that you were at the Bruins game Wednesday.  That had to be a heck of an experience.  I got chills watching it on TV, so I can only imagine what being there was like.

<3

Zentastic

Chasing Rainbows

Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on a great race!

The obstacle is the path. - Zen proverb

Ball of Fury

Thank for your sharing your experience and I have no doubt you will come back and win your AG in 2015!  Glad you stuck around Boston and got to enjoy the city and it's amazing people!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

awesome story and good job finally doing boston.

keep up the good work

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Philliefan33

Great report.  All of these RR from Boston are tempting me to go watch it in person sometime.

BQ was never concern for me. I could BQ without training, right of the couch.

This is amazing.

Don't call me Buttercup!

Thanks for writing this. Big thumbs up.

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to!