Beginners and Beyond

TA-DAAA!!! It's Thursday Penguins!! (Read 8 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Faculty meeting at 12:30, leaving at 3:00 because our final dress rehearsal is tonight.  My folks arrive tomorrow for the show, which will consume my weekend.  I think it'll be a blast, though!!

Anybody else putting on heavy makeup and singing and dancing on stage this weekend? 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

LRB

Faculty meeting at 12:30, leaving at 3:00 because our final dress rehearsal is tonight.  My folks arrive tomorrow for the show, which will consume my weekend.  I think it'll be a blast, though!!

Anybody else putting on heavy makeup and singing and dancing on stage this weekend? 

No, I do enough of that making the rounds at work every day. Big grin

Singer who runs a smidge

No, I do enough of that making the rounds at work every day. Big grin

GinnyinPA

No makeup and shows this weekend for me.  Just a run on Saturday with the Beer Runners to a new brewpub that just opened in town.  Have fun HopesMom.  What song are you singing with your tinfoil hats?  I hope you'll post a picture.

The big snowstorm only dropped about an inch on us last night, but it did get cold. The feels like is about 11 degrees right now with the 20 mph winds.  I'll probably do 5 on the TM this afternoon.

Singer who runs a smidge

We're doing Aquarius (clearly a song in code about when the aliens will arrive), Orange-Colored Sky (under which aliens fall in love) and When You Wish Upon a Star (when my quartet tells me that I might actually meet an alien someday, if I keep believing).  Good times, if I remember my lines!!

Docket_Rocket

Nope.  Not putting any makeup this weekend, LOL.

I have been in court and JUST got home to work from home...straight to conference calls.  Pilates was canceled so I get a massage and a bike ride tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page