Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins (Read 9 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hi Pens!

Tomorrow is the Brooklyn half which I'm sad to be missing. I've run it the past three years in a row. :-/

Anyway, today I have a breastfeeding class. It should be a blast? I might go to the gym and do 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill. It has been insanely hot here so I stayed with my sister last night because she has a huge in ground pool.

Anyone have any exciting weekend or race plans?

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 8 with 4 @ MP tonight.

Jill, didn't know there was a breastfeeding class.  I would think that's natural to know how to do?  Interesting!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

My sister had trouble with both of her kids getting them to breastfeed.  Apparently "natural" doesn't necessarily mean "easy"!  It's supposed to be hot here again today, and then in the 70's all next week, so that's nice.  I prefer those days when neither the heat nor AC has to kick on!  I'm making goodies tomorrow for church on Sunday -- chocolate chip cookies, a big bowl of fruit, and sausage balls.  Then Sunday afternoon is New Quartet rehearsal.  Woo-hoo!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Jill - I hope the class was a good one and didn't scare you off.

D - have fun at Pilates tonight. Good luck with the 8.

HopesMom - enjoy your baking and singing this weekend.

RD here, I think. I woke up at 5:00 and couldn't go back to sleep (after going to sleep at 1:30). This was day one of the big annual Legal Services book sale, so we got there early and had to brave the hordes, but we did find a bunch of cheap paperbacks. Of course we were starving when we left there at 11:00 so lunch was early, despite a small brownie purchase at the bake sale.  This afternoon I have a PT appointment.  The way I feel now (very sleepy) I doubt I'll do a run afterwards unless it cools off a lot and I get some energy.