Beginners and Beyond

Its almost Friday Penguins! (Read 21 times)

Dad on the run.

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

7:30am again and no penguin thread. You early morning risers are slipping on us Tongue.

Heavily vaselined the ball of my foot lastnight before bed and again this morning. Really hoping it don't give me troubles tonight as I am suppose to be running 3-4 miles with my buddy tonight.

So, last night I was in the kitched and saw this couple out walking their dog. It was a beautiful reverse brindle boxer. Me being me I ran outside and asked if I could see their dog (I have a problem I think). I had talked to the owner a few weeks ago and they were in the process of moving in and he did not have his dog with him at that time. This dog is only a few months older than Carter but he is HUGE! Like 80lbs. Brody who is 2 1/2 is only like 65lbs and Carter who is almost the same ago is like 50lbs. I simply could not get over how amazing this dog looked and his coat was immaculate. I swear if I knew I could get a boxer that looked as amazing as this one I would have 3 dogs. Then again they probably spent upwards to 1500 for their dog where we only spent a fraction of that from a "backyard" breeder, so as the ol' saying goes "you get what you pay for". On the plus side though my dogs got along with him fantastically and I am hoping we can set up a play date for them to all run around and burn some energy off Smile

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Working from home which means I was able to run 7 miles in the morning.  More miles wiht DH and weights this afternoon.

jblack, since I am not one of the early riser runners, I am not required to open the thread, neener neener.  Wait, I used to open the thread every day.  Nevermind.

Damaris

Bin Running

Jimmy, looks like a majestic boxer you just described. Hope you get to arrange a play date for them. Being bigger probably meant he eat a lot and output a lot more.

Heavy shower in the afternoon and I have a cool evening run on the track. 9M as I'm running out of time. Need to visit mum for home-cooked food and some bonding with nephews.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin Running

Damaris, it's a privilege to be able to work from home. Way to score a double. Looks like DH is catching the bug ya.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

A privilege my boss tries to take away from us every day.  They flunk the life survey and they are giving us things like this to hide that we are overworked and severely underpaid, and sequestered this year.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Quartet rehearsal last night was all kinds of good, but it always makes for a late night.  Relatively, of course.  I'm sure my incredibly late 11:00 PM bedtime is still early for some people!  SRD for me today, though I brought my gear in for a swim.  Then chorus rehearsal tonight!!

jblack -- Great dog story!!  Hope your foot behaves!

Docket -- have a good day working from home, and happy miles!!

Bin -- have fun with the family, and woo-hoo for a cool evening run!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

J Black- you confused me with "friday" in the thread name. I got excited for a second then I remembered all the crap I have to do still.

D- Good job on the run. Its exciting that your husband has started running some.

Bin- enjoy the track and mom cooked food and the kids. Sounds like a great day to me.

Hopesmom- enjoy the rest or pool if you decide to do that.

AFM- 3.5 miles this am. DW has laced up the shoes the past 2 days after work. A little over 3 miles each day. T-Ball game tonight and HS baseball playoff game tomorrow night. Makes for being busy but good times.

Make today great

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Dad on the run.

Funny for the day:

It doesn't do any good to run away from your problems, unless your fat. Then yea, go ahead and run.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Zelanie

Morning, penguins!  Yesterday I baked almost 15 dozen cookies, half oatmeal chocolate chip, and half peanut butter and hersey's kisses.  I was thinking those types sounded like they would be good at an ultra aid station.  If I can make somebody's race day just a little better because they had a great cookie, then I'll be stoked.  The oatmeal ones are super ugly (still tasty), but the peanut butter ones turned out nice.  We will keep a few here, and deliver the rest to the forestry cabin on Friday.

Jimmy- Vaseline should fix that foot right up.  I actually just skip body glide and go straight to Vaseline most of the time.  It works.

D- Glad you were able to get your run in and work from home today!

Bin- 9 miles on the track- nice!

HsM- 11 is late  for me, hehe!

T-rod- Good job staying active this week!

Singer who runs a smidge

Zelanie, laughing at your pic!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Dad on the run.

I love that pic. My wife has that one saved on her phone. She uses it quite often, lol.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Every so often, I put this in FB on Thursdays and it makes me laugh like the first time.

Morning, penguins!  Yesterday I baked almost 15 dozen cookies, half oatmeal chocolate chip, and half peanut butter and hersey's kisses.  I was thinking those types sounded like they would be good at an ultra aid station.  If I can make somebody's race day just a little better because they had a great cookie, then I'll be stoked.  The oatmeal ones are super ugly (still tasty), but the peanut butter ones turned out nice.  We will keep a few here, and deliver the rest to the forestry cabin on Friday.

Jimmy- Vaseline should fix that foot right up.  I actually just skip body glide and go straight to Vaseline most of the time.  It works.

D- Glad you were able to get your run in and work from home today!

Bin- 9 miles on the track- nice!

HsM- 11 is late  for me, hehe!

T-rod- Good job staying active this week!

Damaris

how far do i have to run to get cookies ?

name the race Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Probably gonna get wet today.  Supposed to rain around 4 to 6 pm, which is my usual running time after work.  Well, I don't mind running in the rain as long as there is no lightning.  And the temp will be around 80 degrees, so it certainly won't be a cold rain.  So the plan is 3 to 4 miles through the very pretty Brackenridge Park near the San Antonio Zoo.

A nice surprise for the university I work for.  Adidas is very impressed with the work Coach Coker has done with our football team.  We've only had a team for 2 years, this upcoming season will be our 3rd season and we are already in a "Big Boys" conference this year.  So Adidas signed a 4-year contract with our school to provide sponsorship and uniforms/equipment for ALL our athletic teams, not just the football team. Nice!    I don't know how good we are going to do this year in football though - our first game, for example, is against Oklahoma State University!   Yikes!   And we also play Houston and Rice and Louisiana Tech, etc.   Yeah, this is definitely going to be a 'learning year" for our team, all right.  Probably get whomped a lot this season, but it's all good, part of the 'growing' process.

I'm the only 'worker' in my section now, besides my boss; my co-worker is still recovering from her stroke. So in the mornings if I have projects, I have to hit those right away to keep caught up...which means sometimes I am pretty late getting here.

Jimmy, hope your foot behaves for your run!    Chasing dogs, huh?  You sound like me, lol.  OK, Jimmy, a barrage of corny jokes for you:  How do you organize a space party? You planet!

What happens when you step on a grape?  It lets out a little whine.

What did the beaver say to the tree? "Nice gnawin' you."

Why couldn't the orange cross the road?  It ran out of juice.

What do you call a running chicken?  Poultry in Motion.

Congrats on the morning miles, Damaris!  Kudos to your DH for sticking with it!

Good luck with the 9M, Bin.  Running out of time? Running out of time for what?

HsM, 11 PM is pretty late for me too, especially when I usually get up on workdays at 5 a.m.  Happy SRD today!  Hope you can get a swim in.

Congrats on your 3 miles in the early a.m., Tomas, and kudos to your wife.

I'm going to Zelanie's house...cookies are my favorite dessert!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt