Beginners and Beyond

Its almost Friday Penguins! (Read 21 times)

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

SO42 -  a sprint tri sounds really fun. Have you found any scenic places to go run on the weekend. I'm so bored with our neighborhood or the moody park. Any cool places in trussvegas?

For a lot of my longer runs, I'll run on the Shades Creek Greenway in Homewood. It's a shady 3 mile paved path along the creek. People bike and run on it. Not bad for being right in the city. There are water fountains and stuff so I don't need to carry water. It would be a bit of a drive from Moody, but not bad once in while.

The tri I am doing is the Wet Dog triathlon in Decatur. There is a similar one at Oak Mountain State Park June 8, but no way I'll be ready by then

Tomas - hope the recovery goes well.  Are you starting to want to run again, or just as happy to be walking?  Does your wife walk or run?

AFM:  If it doesn't rain, we'll go for a short hike this afternoon.  If it does, I'll get on the treadmill and do some recovery miles.

I really want to run, walking to me is boring and probably dangerous, as I got bored this morning and started reading facebook while out there walking Smile  I had planned to take this week easy and make sure I have fresh legs before I start training again.

DW is a walker/ jogger. She has started C25K several times, but hasnt run a 5k without stopping yet. A few weeks ago she did a 10k on a trail that was some jogging and some walking. She was not happy with the hills.

Hopefully you can get outside. that dreadmill can be brutal, but it does have its place in training.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Singer who runs a smidge

Yeah, I think I'm going to bail on my swim today.  I've got a bit of a headache, and I doubt the chlorine would help.  I think I'll leave my gear here, though, and maybe I'll swim tomorrow.

2 hours to go!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

We managed a short hike on the AT between rainstorms.  Really nice to be walking in the woods on a warm spring day.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: no Big Bear for us. We still have work and school. Three more weeks!

Dad on the run.

3.1 done with friend. Then came home and did legs/abs. I'm sore, tired and ready for bed!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

DH's knee hurt when we started so we bagged his run.  I did weights at least with my 7 in the morning.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

"Just" 50K.  Not as far as some, but there are some parts that are pretty technical.  It's the "Mac Forest 50K"

how far do i have to run to get cookies ?

name the race Smile

"Just" 50K.  Not as far as some, but there are some parts that are pretty technical.  It's the "Mac Forest 50K"

I need a course profile and a picture of these cookies. I need to Be able to make an informed decision.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Zelanie

Here are the cookies.  Like I said, the oatmeal ones are ugly.

And the course profile.  For what it's worth, the hill at the start and the end is what I hiked on Tuesday, but in reverse order (their downhill was my uphill).

Dad on the run.

Those cookies look good t-rod. But I don't think they are worth all them damn hills.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.