Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies runnin' away with it (Read 51 times)

Docket_Rocket

A mouse just ran onto my foot while I was using the bathroom at work.

Interesting.  Did they hear your screams a mile away?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

A mouse just ran onto my foot while I was using the bathroom at work.

I would have screamed so loud it would have died from fright..wait, you know what I mean.  Yelled so loud. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty, you have hills in San Antonio? You mean sidewalks?  Enjoy all your workouts! Today is actually warm here, above the freezing point. But there is ice everywhere, so it will be an indoor run (it would be an indoor run no matter what, of course, because I'm a wimp. )

Basya, you rocked the morning run! I hope your legs recover quickly.

Damaris, feel better soon!

lol.  We actually do have lots of places here with some GIANT hills.  Gotta love San Antonio, we runners here have such a wide variety of terrain available to us. For example, all these parks (28 of them) in San Antonio offer some kind of trails, and some of them have both paved trails and off-road trails:  http://www.sanantonio.gov/parksandrec/park_trails.aspx

And then we have the military bases to run on (5 of them)...and we can run at San Antonio SeaWorld or Six Flags Fiesta Texas or Morgan's Wonderland park..and we have one State Park, Govt Canyon Natural Area, that offers both flat and VERY hilly off-road trails...and we have the VERY flat San Antonio Riverwalk to run on....and 5 university campuses that have varying terrain...and Mission Park that connects to the Riverwalk trails and takes us by the old 17th century Spanish Missions...and...well, just too much to describe.  San Antonio is quite a good place for a good variety of running scenery.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

(((Damaris))) I hope that you feel better soon and don’t have to deal with what I had.

Sleep, what’s this sleep of which you speak, scottydawg?

Andrew, bravo on getting the ten done already.

Shari, beautiful five-plus this morning. Enjoy strength training.

Zelanie, I hope that everything works out, for you and for Zoe.

FreeSoul87, have fun doing whatever you do.

oldfatslow, awesome!

John Rustle, great job with the push-ups.

kristin10185, I hope that you don’t come down with anything.

Rick, I’m glad that you had a pleasant run.

B-Plus, enjoy your run.

Lauren710, terrific three.

I think I may be onto something. I was complaining to my dad about my slow paces last night and this morning. He said to not worry about it, that I’m usually just slower and a bit less coordinated in the days leading up to my period.

Why did it take a man to notice this?

Docket_Rocket

Forgot to say, my cough is a severe case of acid reflux.  I am still dealing with it.  Can someone just take my stomach out right now?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yeah, Damaris, I have those Tessalon Perle thingys too and they're just 'crap', don't work at all for me either.  However, Delsym does work for me pretty well, so guess I'm lucky there.  Ugg, acid reflux...sorry to hear this.  I've dealt with that, not fun at all!

Congrats on getting 10 in so early, Andrew!  Have fun with DD at her swimming lesson.

Congrats on your new belt, Step!  If I ever run with you, I will feel safe knowing if anyone bothers us, you can protect me.    Good for you for getting your run in outside, even with snow on the ground.

Yay for Zoe doing well, Zelanie! Hope she feels her old self in no time!

Good luck with your workouts, FreeSoul.

Congrats on your soccer game, OFS.  That will definitely give you some stamina, all that running that a soccer game requires!

How long does your 100 pushup program go for, John?  I mean, as in days, or weeks, etc.   Good luck with it!  Where do you find this program, is it online?  I can do about 10 right now, lol.  Pretty pathetic.

Congrats on your run, LRB.  Sorry about the cold hands and the ice water, though, that sounds damned uncomfortable.

Kristin, hope you feel better!   Is it really smart to get into water if you're system is trying to fight something off?  Just sayin'...you'd think the water might make you a bit cold and not help your immune system. Unless it's a heated pool, of course. Nice.    Mouse in the bathroom?  You didn't cut the cheese in there, did you?

Good luck with your miles, B-Plus.

Financial aid for kindergarten, wow!  Times sure have changed since I was at that age!  Good luck, Lauren.

Shoot, Basya, your 'slow' pace is about my speedy pace, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Will run for scenery.

Big mistake last night.  Forgot my gym bag at the office.  Towel and clothes were pretty drenched. That sucker is gonna stink !

Hi Basya - good to see you.  I like it when people say silly things like "just abs, weights and core." 

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

@scottydawg

I actually don't know how long it goes on for.  I'm guessing several weeks.

I use the free android app(not sure if it's available for iphone, guessing it is)

And no I'm not a shill for this app, I just think it's cool! LOL

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Lol @scotty and the cutting the cheese joke. Yes I screamed and ran out of the stall with my pants down haha!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Lunchtime run today. All the sidewalks are a patchwork of snow, ice & slush, with a little dry ground here & there. Streets are clear, key is to finding some without traffic. Found a large apartment complex near my office, with a number of winding streets, pretty clear & not much traffic. The challenge is not getting lost & trapped in the labyrinth - all the twisting roads get me turned around, and they all have like the same name - Springlake Road, Springlake Court, Springlake Circle, etc. Made it out alive, 6 miles.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

Lunchtime run today. All the sidewalks are a patchwork of snow, ice & slush, with a little dry ground here & there. Streets are clear, key is to finding some without traffic. Found a large apartment complex near my office, with a number of winding streets, pretty clear & not much traffic. The challenge is not getting lost & trapped in the labyrinth - all the twisting roads get me turned around, and they all have like the same name - Springlake Road, Springlake Court, Springlake Circle, etc. Made it out alive, 6 miles.

I've always wondered why city planning commissions allow winding, confusing street layouts. I would think those would be a nightmare for emergency responders like fire and police. Besides the fact that it is irritating as heck for anyone not familiar with the area and trying to find an address. What is wrong with nice straight lines and a grid system with naming systems that make sense, like First, Second and Third streets, or A, B, and C Avenue? Or like one town I lived in that started with Washington Street just off Main Street, and worked its way out through the presidents - we lived on Fillmore Avenue. Of course, they ran out of those names before reaching the edge of town.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Besides the fact that it is irritating as heck for anyone not familiar with the area and trying to find an address.

In the big city here, if you make three left-hand turns you will end up where you started.  The deeper you get into the 'burbs however, those same three left-hand turns will have you 7 miles from the start point, and in tears.  lol

It took some getting used to that is for sure!

Docket_Rocket

It is 86F here right now.  Whoever sent me this, wrong address!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm kind of bummed, the Bound the Mound race on March 1st, 2014 isn't being advertised very well and so far we've only got 17 registered participants, 4 or 5 for the half marathon and I am the only one in my AG at the moment Sad I am trying to find a way to advertise for them and get it out there as this is the Evansville area half marathon number two and only trail half marathon it would suck major if they did away with due to lack of popularity.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Ugh, my stomach is still on fire.  No use running if I'm going to puke during it (I have proven that reflux does that to me while running), so I'm going to take a URD and rest post marathon.  It can only help.

I'm going to try to nap now.

Damaris

Fundraising Page