Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies runnin' away with it (Read 51 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies!

In my never-ending quest to get this old body back into running shape, I did 3.5 today after work in beautiful 55 degree sunny weather. Very nice weather indeed!

Hope all are doing well. Kristin, it sounds like they need to install some mouse traps at work!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

happylily

Scotty, I never would have thought you had such a varied landscape around San Antonio. Beautiful parks! San Antonio is now on my list of places to retire to if I can ever escape here mortgage free. In like 30 years...

Zelanie, I hope the medication is working for your dog and that she is pain free at the moment. Poor darling.

Damaris, tell us something new, woman! LOL...

FreeSoul, what a bummer... Maybe people wait until the last minute before they register to see how the weather will turn out on race day. That's what I'd do for a winter race.

John, maybe I should join you in the challenge. What week are you doing presently? And we're talking about the 6 weeks/100 pushups challenge, right?

I had a blah run... I could only manage one tempo mile, and not even a strong one at that. Plus a few MP miles and the rest at easy pace. I felt like I was overheating (have to admit that for some stupid reason I decided to run in my yoga pants and they were much too warm on my legs). I also felt a bit nauseous. Hopefully it's not a cold, though I've been pretty healthy the last two months, so I'm due for some bug... Anyway, 10 miles done in 1:18:56. 7:54 pace. Now the thought of food makes my stomach churn. Maybe some soup and baguette after my shower.

Have a great evening people!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

It is 86F here right now.  Whoever sent me this, wrong address!

How presumptuous.  The weather is not for you, it is for all the northern snow birds who are down there emailing and texting us God awful pics of their untanned bodies in bikinis.

Docket_Rocket

How presumptuous.  The weather is not for you, it is for all the northern snow birds who are down there emailing and texting us God awful pics of their untanned bodies in bikinis.

Ugh, then exclude my neighborhood!  Thanks!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good second run this evening with my friend...her workout was 4x4min at tempo with 1 min recoveries, 8 miles total.  I'm really excited for how well she's doing, although I will say that the toughest part of training someone is trying to adjust to her scheduling conflicts!

You folks with all your pushup talk are making me feel like a slacker.  I'm so hot and cold about keeping up with those...and currently on the cold side.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

happylily

Damaris, my comment about asking you to tell us something new was regarding your Miami weather. NOT about your reflux and how bad you feel today. I'm sure it sucks to feel like this. Maybe the effort from the marathon caused your stomach to rebel? Feel better soon, (((D))).

happylily

Good second run this evening with my friend...her workout was 4x4min at tempo with 1 min recoveries, 8 miles total.  I'm really excited for how well she's doing, although I will say that the toughest part of training someone is trying to adjust to her scheduling conflicts!

You folks with all your pushup talk are making me feel like a slacker.  I'm so hot and cold about keeping up with those...and currently on the cold side.

Come on, boy! Gimme 50 NOW!

Glad you had a good second run with your running partner, champ. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Julie, I talked to Lee earlier and he says that it is normally pretty slow and doesn't pick up until closer to the race date.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Damaris, my comment about asking you to tell us something new was regarding your Miami weather. NOT about your reflux and how bad you feel today. I'm sure it sucks to feel like this. Maybe the effort from the marathon caused your stomach to rebel? Feel better soon, (((D))).

I know what caused it and it was dinner last night. It was too spicy.  As in FUCKING HOT.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

I know what caused it and it was dinner last night. It was too spicy.  As in FUCKING HOT.

You definitely were not meant for anything hot, then. What kind of Latina are you?  BTW, that last name of yours, what is that? German?

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

@Lily,

Yes it is the 100/6 week program.  I am on week 1, day 3 and will be banging it out shortly when I get released from the salt mines. 

You'd probably kick my ass though lol!

Docket_Rocket

You definitely were not meant for anything hot, then. What kind of Latina are you?  BTW, that last name of yours, what is that? German?

The first part of the last bame is mine and yes.  Then I married a Jewish guy to make up for it.

Puerto Ricans do not eat spicy food.  That's only the mexicans.  We cook with flava!  And I can withstand heat but not on certain days and I only know after the fact.  Good thing this did not happen on Sunday.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Come on, boy! Gimme 50 NOW!

Glad you had a good second run with your running partner, champ. 

Okay, I did!  That was just about the extent of what I have in me though, and it's a darn good thing I don't weigh any more right now lol.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

Puerto Ricans do not eat spicy food.  That's only the mexicans. 

I have never had a Mexican meal that was hot enough, they usually only offer a side of jalapenos if requested.  I think the Cantonese have them beat on heat, at least up here anyway.

Docket_Rocket

I have never had a Mexican meal that was hot enough, they usually only offer a side of jalapenos if requested.  I think the Cantonese have them beat on heat, at least up here anyway.

Yes, I meant within the Latins like Lily asked.  Not in general.  I love Thai food!  Well, the one that contains no shellfish, which means I can only eat one plate.

Damaris

Fundraising Page