Beginners and Beyond

Superbowl Sundailies (Read 33 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Up early for the trail race. No snow, sleet or freezing rain yet. It sounds like it will be more of an issue driving home than running.

Who do you pick for the big game? I would like to see Philly win since my dad is a big fan, but the Patriots just seem to dominate.

Cyberic

Used to watch football. I don't even watch much hockey anymore.  Football is an awesome sport to watch, though. Since I don't have a favorite team, I like close games. I like teams whose offense is diverse, running, passing. But I still probably won't watch it. Maybe the fourth quarter if the score is close.

Oh, it's snowing here. There's a soccer practice this afternoon so I'll put in a few very easy miles to get some blood flowing in the legs. They are beat from yesterday's LR.

delicate flower

'Morning!  I ran 7 miles at an easy-to-moderate effort.  My legs were tired from yesterday's hard run.  I'll ride the bike trainer later too.  I hit some ice and took a fall on my run this morning and tore my 2XU tights to hell.  That shit ain't cheap!    Still beats the treadmill tho.  i'm fine but a little scratched up and sore.  Not much give in asphalt.

My Super Bowl pick is Patriots 34, Eagles 20.  I don't care who wins.  I do like that the Rams cleaned up in individual honors yesterday.  Offensive player of the year, defensive player of the year, coach of the year.  The future is bright!!

<3

Docket_Rocket

I only watch the ads.

I have 14 with 5 @ MP later.  Most likely TM because it's hot today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I'm calling it Pats 24, Iggles 20, with the winning score coming in the closing seconds of course. I don't really care much for either team, so it'll be one of those games where I figure out who I'm rooting for after I start watching.

Dave

onemile

I don't understand why they are playing football before and after the Justin Timberlake concert 

LRB

I don't understand why they are playing football before and after the Justin Timberlake concert 

lol

Will Janet make an appearance? I say yes.

RunningOnSand

We are supposed to go to my sister's for the Super Bowl. But given I'm still sick, and I don't really care to watch football, I probably will stay home and not watch it. And I am also probably logging 0 miles for the 2nd day in a row. Lame.

We are supposed to go to my sister's for the Super Bowl. But given I'm still sick, and I don't really care to watch football, I probably will stay home and not watch it. And I am also probably logging 0 miles for the 2nd day in a row. Lame.

No interest in football is not a reason to avoid a Super Bowl party. One often has nothing to do with the other.

Dave

RunningOnSand

No interest in football is not a reason to avoid a Super Bowl party. One often has nothing to do with the other.

True. it's more the plague I'm trying to avoid spreading to everyone else. Big grin

delicate flower

I have got 5.5 pounds of meatballs in the crocker.  This is what DW cares about.

<3

RunningOnSand

I have got 5.5 pounds of meatballs in the crocker.  This is what DW cares about.

So does my dh. 

sdWhiskers

Easy 10k. Water fountains at the park I usually stop at were turned off   There's a dog park that has a working one inside the fence but I'm only going in there if my life depended on it.

DH is making chili which always seem weird when its 80 outside.

bluerun

Super B****

I have less than zero interest in football, and I didn't have to pick a team this morning because I wound up running the half marathon instead of the Gridiron 4 Miler (the latter was sold out, making the decision easy).  I ran 1:37:24, which is right around where I would have wanted to be, so I'm pleased with it.  It was nice that it was good enough for third female, too.  (First and second place ran 1:20 and 1:29, and then came a whole cluster right after me.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

Well that was miserable. I really considered calling it a day after the first loop. Snow flurries started almost exactly at 9am (start time). It then got heavier. I was wearing Wave Riders, so those do not go well if slick conditions. By the end of loop one, there was a thin layer of snow/sleet on the trail. The 3 wooden bridges were slick as shit, I walked them. I also nearly faceplanted somewhere in the middle of the first loop and it feels like I bruised the top of my foot (caught a root hard). I got about a mile into loop 2 and the change over was happening, snow ain't that loud. Not sure if it was sleet or rain. By the end of the race, it was definitely rain cause the little bit of frozen crap was mostly gone. I was absolutely freezing, my hands finally thawed midway on the drive home. Didn't care about my time to begin with and in those conditions, my main goal was to not fall of the trail into the river.