Beginners and Beyond

A thank you to running and all of you! (Read 358 times)

Karen M

I can see the change in the pics - keep up the good work! That's so exciting what 6 months has done!

Marathons are habit-forming...

"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

Philippians 4:13, NLT

hog4life

Keep up the work, you look great!

Mmmmm...beer

Great job Coralie!!!  You can definitely see the difference.  Slow and steady is the way to go for sure.

Remember that diet is a noun, not a verb.  You are changing how you eat and live, not temporarily to meet a goal, but to live healthy for the rest of your life.  Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

MrNamtor

Since I moved to the US, I became very sedentary.

Sounds about right. Great job on your weight loss, keep us posted on your progress. Many of us, as you know, have lost a good deal of weight.

Sloooow.

Great job Coralie!!!  You can definitely see the difference.  Slow and steady is the way to go for sure.

Remember that diet is a noun, not a verb.  You are changing how you eat and live, not temporarily to meet a goal, but to live healthy for the rest of your life.  Smile

I think by changing the quantities that I eat, and not eating at night, will make the biggest difference. I made sweet potato and black bean chili for lunch, and baked chicken, roasted brussel sprouts and pureed cauliflower for dinner. That is pretty typical. My portion control has become ridiculous though.

Sloooow.

Sounds about right. Great job on your weight loss, keep us posted on your progress. Many of us, as you know, have lost a good deal of weight.

Everything is so spread out, and (especially around here) not walker friendly. In the UK, I walked to work (1 mile). I walked to the bus stop (1/2 mile) to go to college then walked around all day there. I walked two miles to the train station, to go into town and shop. We would go cycling or walking on the weekends in the countryside. It was beautiful and I took it for granted, I miss that now.

I've got a LOT of motivation from people here, and their stories. Lots of amazing members here.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

CONGRATULATIONS! Thank you for sharing your journey so far with us, and allowing us to share in it! You look great!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Shakedown Street

Great job, keep it up. Try diet too!

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

It shows more than you think. Congrats! and keep it up!

Self perception is a nasty bitch, you are never as small as you think you are when you gain weight and you are never as big as you think you are when you are losing weight.

I might sound narcissistic, but I make sure to ask my DW every once in awhile If I look too small. (from a guys perspective)  I want to be light and fast, but also look capable of taking care of myself and my family. Being 5'-8" it is very easy to look like a pushover at raceweight.

Luke79

You've made outstanding progress.  I know it's not easy.  I can't even muster up the discipline to drop the 15 lbs I need to, and you are rockin' it out.  Good job.

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Congrats on the progress and good luck in the future! Getting the diet down is tough, it's been my weakness too :S.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Don't call me Buttercup!

Congrats to you on the weight loss! I can tell the difference from the two pictures, for sure.  Next time, though, can you look at the camera and smile? ;-)

I hope that 2013 brings you continued weight loss, good health, and lots and lots of running! =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Just B.S.

Coralie, I see a big difference. You are making great progress.

I also sense from the photos that you are taking more pride in your appearance.

If you keep running and start eating better you will see such change in another year

Keep up the good work girl!

Mmmmm...beer

I think by changing the quantities that I eat, and not eating at night, will make the biggest difference. I made sweet potato and black bean chili for lunch, and baked chicken, roasted brussel sprouts and pureed cauliflower for dinner. That is pretty typical. My portion control has become ridiculous though.

Portion control was a big problem for me too, even when I was eating healthy stuff, I still ate way too much of it.  Keep up the good work! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Sloooow.

Congrats to you on the weight loss! I can tell the difference from the two pictures, for sure.  Next time, though, can you look at the camera and smile? ;-)

I hope that 2013 brings you continued weight loss, good health, and lots and lots of running! =)

I hate taking pictures of myself. I hate being in pictures. I'm not a very photogenic person as it is. Every time I open this thread I ignore my picture, lol.

Just B.S- I got stuck in the "I'll buy some new clothes when I lose weight" frame of mind. Most of the clothes I own are old and stretched out (I hate spending money on clothes). I treated myself to some new jeans and some pants, and they are already lose on me. That annoys me more than anything, I'm so stingy!

Thank you for all the kind replies. I have no friends or family here, so I sometimes feel I have no-one to share my little triumphs with. It helps a lot knowing people are rooting for me.