Beginners and Beyond

On the road again FriDAILIES (Read 39 times)

LRB

Well, actually on the belt again as there is just too much crap on the sidewalks on parts of my route to run safely.

It has been since June since I have run on the stupid thing but days like today are where it comes in handy.

Anyway, what 'cha got?

Cyberic

SRD for me.

Hopefully the store will receive my shoes before the sidewalks get filled with snow. Can't wait to try the Salomon Speedcross in snowy and icy conditions:

delicate flower

Happy Friday, fellow beautiful people!  I've got an SRD today, which I am none too happy about.

I did 4 mostly easy miles last night and added some strides in the last mile.  My legs are ready for a LR at race effort.

<3

From the Internet.

Good luck this weekend Baboon!

3.1 for me this morning, 6 yesterday. 4.1 the day before, I can't remember the last time I posted :P Busy week!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 miles tonight. Maybe weights.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Plan on hitting the trails at John James Audubon State Park for a very hilly 5 miler this afternoon, other than that....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

The hourly report for this morning said it would be 2 degrees. So I decided to skip it.  (It ended up being 5). I may run tonight when it should be in the 20's.

outoftheblue

SRD for me.  A trip planned to the local pub for some beer tasting later.

Good luck Phil!

Life is good.

happylily

I had my fastest tempo run in over 12 months last night, I was very encouraged by it. Maybe the recovery and low mileage is doing me good after all. I have 5 tonight, at easy pace. In other news, I'm already tired of winter and can't wait to be in the heat and humidity of the Yucatan. 15 more days!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

I have a few easy miles and some strides later today. That's it.

Last night was our turn for some crazy weather. Heavy rain (about 3" in an hour), lightning, thunder, hail, and mudslides. This morning our street was covered with mud and debris and there were news trucks and helicopters buzzing around. Remember the big fire we had last year? Because of it, anytime there is a chance of rain they think the hillside is going to come down on us.  Dummies.

Oh, I forgot to mention redrum and I are meeting for the 5k. FE!

See ya.

Docket_Rocket

FE pictures are mandatory, Jack!

Lily, you had some back to back marathons so you needed the recovery.  Glad to hear your tempo went well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I had my fastest tempo run in over 12 months last night, I was very encouraged by it. Maybe the recovery and low mileage is doing me good after all. I have 5 tonight, at easy pace. In other news, I'm already tired of winter and can't wait to be in the heat and humidity of the Yucatan. 15 more days!

That is definitely some good news Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run/walk yesterday after work in my favorite San Antonio Park, ended up with 3 easy miles.   Overcast and a few spits of rain, but nothing much. Temp was a pleasant 65 degrees.  There was virtually nobody in the park.  I met one other runner and  a guy walking his dog and that was it.  This is usually the busiest park in San Antonio so I guess folks were scared off by the predictions of our local morning weather people that it was going to be storming about this time.  It didn't.   I felt like I owned the park, lol, my own private preserve.    Altho I nearly did get knocked down by one of the park deer.  I was right by the golf driving range...range on side of the trail, woods on the other...and a darn deer came busting out of the deer right in front of me, making me backpedal quickly.   The deer went on over to the range. That is how used to people these deer have become since the park is protected. They go out onto the far ends of the range and eat the grass there.  I watched a bit and one of the golf balls hit by one of the folks using the range came flying through the air and smacked one of the deer right in the side. Didn't even faze him, lol. He looked up and over toward the golfer as if "Dude, what the hell?"  and then went on back to eating.  Funny.

Half day today  - yay, outta here at noon my time! - and half-day Monday and then I am on vacation for 2 weeks, sweet.  Except I looked at the predicted forecast for Washington State on Thanksgiving, where I will be doing my turkey trot.  The predicted HIGH for the day will be 34 degrees.....oh yay......

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I saw the pics on TV of your area, LRB. I wouldn't go out in that stuff either!

Good luck with the new shoes, Cy!

If you don't like the rest days, Baboon, why do you take them?  You are a strong runner, you don't need no stinkin' rest days....

Nice running, Lauren!

Happy 5 and weights, Damaris!  No running with hubby today?  He's able to run by himself now?  Gee, they grow up so fast....

John James Audobon Park...that sounds like a pretty place, FreeSoul.  I am assuming lots of birds there.  Does Rocky get to go too?  Happy and successful hilly miles!

2 degrees!  Onemile, you want a winter get-away to sunny San Antonio? Guest room is open.   Hope you're not allergic to cats.

Pub beer-tasting trip, yeah!  Enjoy, OOTB.

In other news, I'm already tired of winter and can't wait to be in the heat and humidity.  Lily, see my note to onemile.  You are welcome any time.   Of course, it will not be the luxurious accommodations to which you've become accustomed...    Curious..why the Yucatan?  Why not South France?  And you can run topless there...

Good luck with the 5K, Jack!  And what Damaris said...photos!  I'm still waiting to see if mine is going to happen.  Right now everything is calm, but our weather folks are predicting tomorrow is "the day" for San Antonio, when we will really get SLAMMED with rain, high winds, thunder and lightning, etc.  They SAY it is going to start big-time around 11 a.m.  - I hope so, I'll be done with my 5K by then  - but if it hits in the early hours of Saturday......and then Sunday is supposed to be beautiful again....53 in the morning...all the way up to 80 by the afternoon, and sunny.  Go figure. Crazy damn Texas weather.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

onemile

Nice.  My theory is that you would race even faster if you didn't wear yourself down in training so much.  But you seem to enjoy training that way.